• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Poik's 1983 245 DL - The Ultimate Daily Driver (in my eyes)

And then since I had been in the garage for an hour and a half wearing my 2 year old Sambas with really thin soles, my feet were cold soaked to the bone and I decided to stop. I
need to get a foam mat for in front of the lathe, and wear warmer shoes next time.
Smartwool socks do the trick for me! They keep my feet warm, dry, and comfortable when the shop is cold.

If the throttle bodies don't already have it prepare the manifold for a vacuum connection on each runner. Connect them to a small chamber/canister and run the MAP sensor from there.
Should give plenty of vacuum.

Also I guess you are going to brace the TB's? If not it could be wise to make a small ridge at the end of the runners to prevent the rubber couplers from sliding off.

Can't wait to see the result.. :-D
Luckily there are 2 ports already on each throttle body, and I'll be using the LH2.4, so I'll be avoiding any issues that could come up in that department, but I was thinking of doing the same thing but with a check valve inline to feed the brake booster etc. And yep, I will be bracing them similar to how the stock B230 manifold is braced. Then the plenum will slip fit over the throttle bodies with some rubber pipe grommets and get bolted to them.

Was able to get a couple things done on the car today. A couple months ago the lug nuts to one of my wheel adapters came loose and destroyed the wheel adapter. This also made all 5 wheel studs work loose from the hub, so they would just slide in and out. I was able to find a pair of 5x108 to 5x114.3 adapters on here in the for sale section that were pretty much what I had. My fronts are still 15mm, but now the rear adapters are 20mm thick. I had some slight rubbing over big bumps with the 15mm adapters in the back, so I took the wheels off and used a dead blow mallet to work the fender lip. I cleaned up the wheel studs and clamped them in place and tack welded the head to the hub, so now they won't spin. Bolted everything up and set it down, and now I have even more clearance than I did before, and I'm 5mm wider per side. Nice.

I also got one door pretty much completed with sound deadening and insulation. Here are some pictures of that:

2012-04-21_14-28-22_308.jpg

2012-04-21_14-28-28_313.jpg

2012-04-21_14-44-45_830.jpg

I also took out the janky ass door handle that would barely open and replaced it with a nice all black door handle. Adjusted the catch so that there is no longer any freeplay, and lubed up the whole mechanism. This door used to barely open, and now it's the nicest one on the car by far. When you close the door it just latches with a solid clunk now. Can't wait to do this to the rest of the doors!

2012-04-21_18-18-44_366.jpg

I also drilled one of the wheels for the moon discs, but ran out of time and had to pack up to go do other things. Next free day I have I'm going to try to get all the wheels drilled and tapped for the discs, and finish up the interior.

Did the rest of the doors today. I used more sound deadening on the front doors than I used on the rears:

001.JPG

005.JPG

I also swapped out the tan C-pillar covers with black ones that I picked up at the yard. And I installed the black tailgate carpet piece with 2 layers of sound deadening foam on the back side. I still need to get 2 black window cranks and a few other various black trim pieces to finish everything up.

I'm loving the moon discs. I've been getting tons of compliments on them by random people, most recently a guy a half block away that paused cutting down a tree with a chainsaw, took his ear muffs off, and shouted "I like your wheels!" as I was getting into my car this morning.

I'm loving the moon discs. I've been getting tons of compliments on them by random people, most recently a guy a half block away that paused cutting down a tree with a chainsaw, took his ear muffs off, and shouted "I like your wheels!" as I was getting into my car this morning.

He was mocking you, or he was a million years old.

I have some black crank handles you can have if you need some, just pm me

Edit: dammit ansel beat me to it

Last edited:
Back