• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Redrilling hubs/rotors for new bolt pattern

quote edited to express better what i meant to ask:

1031 axles and 1030 axles also do not interchange iirc.

Are you sure about that? Because i think i have thrown some 1030 half shafts in a 1031 axle. But now that you mention it, i'm not 100% where the half shafts came from. I just assumed that they were 1030 shafts.

The rear wheel bearings seem to be the same between different axles.

Last edited:
Yes absolutely sure about the hubs, but maybe not on the axles- it might have just been a 700/200 thing, but I know we never used to interchange 1030/1031 in general at the shop I worked at.

Also I have my hubs redrilled for 114.3 now, works good, you just need to use screw in studs (well, studs that screw in from the backside). I'll post pics this weekend.

Last edited:
Yes absolutely sure about the hubs, but maybe not on the axles- it might have just been a 700/200 thing, but I know we never used to interchange 1030/1031 in general at the shop I worked at.

Also I have my hubs redrilled for 114.3 now, works good, you just need to use screw in studs (well, studs that screw in from the backside). I'll post pics this weekend.

What sorta fawked up perverted process is at work here amongst you Volvo pervs?:wtf:
You use bizzarre metric numbers when something is made to an INCH dimension---here we see metric notation for 4.5" bolt circle , elsewhere we see metric for the 4 1/4" bolt circle, while simultaneously we see STAMPED INTO THE CLUTCH COVERS "215" for flat flyhwells clutches and "228" for the stepped flywheels and for some utterly unfathomable reasons you guys ignore whats stamped on the covers and say "9 and whatever" inches?

Was ist der los?:wtf:

What sorta fawked up perverted process is at work here amongst you Volvo pervs?:wtf:
You use bizzarre metric numbers when something is made to an INCH dimension---here we see metric notation for 4.5" bolt circle , elsewhere we see metric for the 4 1/4" bolt circle, while simultaneously we see STAMPED INTO THE CLUTCH COVERS "215" for flat flyhwells clutches and "228" for the stepped flywheels and for some utterly unfathomable reasons you guys ignore whats stamped on the covers and say "9 and whatever" inches?

Was ist der los?:wtf:

I'm sure anyone who cares can do the conversion... keep in mind what country was stubborn and decided to keep using arbitrary measurements based on dead kings thumbs and whatnot when everyone else realized that here in modern times we use the decimal system so units that are based on multiples of 10 might actually make sense. We wouldn't have this disconnect otherwise. ;-):-P

Yeah please post pics- this was the bolt pattern I was considering when I build the new rearend up and I wanted to get the front hubs drilled to match. the thing i've been pondering is that then maybe I can find a hat for a wilwood brake rotor that'll fit with minor mods. :oogle:

It's another typical turbobricks thing- a couple of guys start saying it won't work, then it becomes truth, and then everyone is too pussy to try it. Pics soon.

I HATE bringing threads back form the dead, but.......did anybody ever end up getting their hubs re-drilled?
Ya mean like this?
Toyota8inchmadeintoVolvo2.jpg

Uh, yeah.

John, did you get my PM's about different shock lengths and a couple other questions??

I dun't know.
lemme look.

This one where I answered?
So many questions! THIS is the reason I say to call on the phone, its so much faster to tak instead of hunt-and-peck typing..
(206) 431 9696.

Can you get 850 cores? How much?
ya know there are much better ways to guide a insert than the way OEMs do it. Hang on.

Seems so and answered CALL!

I know, I know, I'm always at work though!!! Having all the specs I had in writing was easier though!! I sent 3-4 messsages and links to you after we spoke on the phone last time.

I know, I know, I'm always at work though!!! Having all the specs I had in writing was easier though!! I sent 3-4 messsages and links to you after we spoke on the phone last time.

Yeah but you're asking for a lot of my time to type a lot of stuff.

I have to be able to ask questions,, the answers of which go towards the final answer.

look at the studs on your engine..if not pressed in, how do they go in? :-P

So you mean tap the hubs and use BMW type lug-studs, or a thread-in lug like we'd install into the tapped holes on the BMW's?? Seems pointless, just get press-in studs, WAY cheaper, and no worry of not getting the threads perfect (if doing this at home).

Back