• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

lh2.2 tuning or chips???

Dont forget winOLS

I've been using Hex Workshop; it has a fairly versatile compare. Never heard of WinOLS, and downloading right now. Thanks!

ltrail, I don't know how difficult it would be to go from 2.2 -> 2.4, but if you have already done a 2.0 -> 2.2 it may be worth looking into 2.4.

If you do go LH2.4, get a 9xx series ECU. They have twice the CPU speed and just seem more reliable (I have two dead 56x series at home; both spontaneously quit for no reason, ugh)

I'm sure someone has documented a 2.2 -> 2.4 swap; how involved is it?

I've been using Hex Workshop; it has a fairly versatile compare. Never heard of WinOLS, and downloading right now. Thanks!

ltrail, I don't know how difficult it would be to go from 2.2 -> 2.4, but if you have already done a 2.0 -> 2.2 it may be worth looking into 2.4.

If you do go LH2.4, get a 9xx series ECU. They have twice the CPU speed and just seem more reliable (I have two dead 56x series at home; both spontaneously quit for no reason, ugh)

I'm sure someone has documented a 2.2 -> 2.4 swap; how involved is it?
The 56x series ECUs supposedly have a newer version that doesn't die spontaneously, I think they're the white label ones? My pink label hasn't given me any problem, but currently I'm back on my car's original 951 ECU with a bin modified by myself(with tweaks based off of other tunes provided to me by JR and Blabla) using Ipdown's software.

SWEETNESS! I can definitely not wait for the next version of his software. I still need to get an Ostrich 2.0 too, so I can see exactly where I am on the maps. A friend to ride along is definitely also needed. :cool:

LH2.4 is easy to tune, so long as you have a chippable EZK and are willing to play with it a bit.

0. Get a wideband
1. Buy this (moates.net ostrich)
2. Download this (TunerPro RT)
3. Download bins and defs for your ECU version
4. Install Ostrich, connect USB, select correct bin/xdf for your ECU and start tuning

Some of the XDFs aren't quite polished yet; and I am currently awaiting the next version of this awesome program.

The only thing lacking right now is datalogging of engine parameters for offline tuning. If you have one of the newer 14point7 kits this may not be an issue as I believe they can datalog RPM, CLT, IAT, etc. I like my LC1 but wish I'd bough one of those. I think ideally you would log RPM, CLT, WB02 and MAF voltage. Probably should monitor MAP as well.

I've been playing with it on my car and it's seems pretty capable. All I really need now is someone to ride shotgun so I don't kill mysef.

I don't claim credit to any of this by the way; I've just been lurking over at ECUProject.

Alternately, if you don't want to mess with any of this crap (and have LH2.4), get a chip from TLOA. They rock.

really this easy? Because cody and I were just talking about this. does the ostrich have to stay plugged in at all times? even after remapping?

You use the Ostrich to come up with your tune, then burn it to a chip once you're happy with it and put the chip in the Ostrich's place. That being said, it takes a while for LH to learn all the way on most setups, so how something is right out of the box with a tune may not be the same as it will be after a few tanks of gas. We'll see what this newest software brings to the table in showing what the car will try to tune to, from those main original maps. While using the Ostrich you can trace where in the map the car is at all times. How many maps you're able to track it on, I don't know, but the future is coming and I know you can already trace it on the main fuel map...

Another capability though is the ability to turn Lambda correction off, so it'll just run off the main maps.

Basically, super cool stuff is on the way, with some of it already available to people.

you can use the ostrich to play with both fuel and spark? Would you use ostrich to tune your fuel map, then switch it over to the ezk to tune spark as we have separate computers for each?

Shoot, Ill search up a 2.4 harness i guess.... I do enjoy the TRUE obd setup on my 89 244. Makes things easier on me troubleshooting wise. Apparently one day i skipped a few teeth normal DD style. I changed the t-belt and was sure i was off when fuel ecu said rich and the ign side said erratic idle. Super retarded timing for sure! How it happens driving 5miles to work and back is beyond me but i bought it fine and one day suddenly CEL and accelerated like my sons go kart engine was in it.

2.4 adventure here i come! Too bad yesterday was half off day at PnP!! my 2.2 harness cost me like $6.

I will kindly ask that this remain informative. I asked about injectors and setups the other day and it turned into "whos doodle dangled farther". No need for hostility but i agree with 2fast.

I missed the post where you stated your opinion on this matter.

I will kindly ask that this remain informative. I asked about injectors and setups the other day and it turned into "whos doodle dangled farther". No need for hostility but i agree with 2fast.

No hostility. Just some people have the tendency to try to convert people to MS no matter what, while Lh2.2 or Lh2.4 easily satisfies the ECU needed for most reasonable power goals.
I don't know your mechanical ability, but I hate to see people take on MS or other projects (because someone told them so) and then get left hanging or just having problems one after another with the car because of their inexperience.

Mike makes lh2.4 chips, and are extremely worth it. I converted my car from 2.0 --> 2.2 --> 2.4 and it's just getting better and better. The (only) pain in the ass was drilling the crank sensor and not having a speed signal as of now. i've owned an MS, kjet, Lh2.2, l2.0, and lh2.4 car. And the lh2.4 with chips is the "most fun" so far.

and brett, I love you man! (no homo)

Last edited:
^^ I totally forgot about my neeed for a 2.4 friendly flywheel...But 2.4 is the plan since chips are available locally. Like down the street. lol. Im fairly mechanically inclined. Not afraid of wiring.

so you are local.

I mean, I love lh2.4, it meets my requirements and it's easily chipped. the only reason I can think of why I would go MS is if parts for Lh2.4 dried up or my power goal was +300hp

you can use the ostrich to play with both fuel and spark? Would you use ostrich to tune your fuel map, then switch it over to the ezk to tune spark as we have separate computers for each?
Come on. SOmebody help me. I don't know anybody who knows this kind of stuff well enough to teach me.

No hostility. Just some people have the tendency to try to convert people to MS no matter what, while Lh2.2 or Lh2.4 easily satisfies the ECU needed for most reasonable power goals.
I don't know your mechanical ability, but I hate to see people take on MS or other projects (because someone told them so) and then get left hanging or just having problems one after another with the car because of their inexperience.

Mike makes lh2.4 chips, and are extremely worth it. I converted my car from 2.0 --> 2.2 --> 2.4 and it's just getting better and better. The (only) pain in the ass was drilling the crank sensor and not having a speed signal as of now. i've owned an MS, kjet, Lh2.2, l2.0, and lh2.4 car. And the lh2.4 with chips is the "most fun" so far.

and brett, I love you man! (no homo)
Agreed. I'd love to go to MS, but I don't know enough about it, and don't have the coin. As of right now, it'd be cheaper to buy the emulator and some chips and have at it.

I'm down for tuning the stock stuff. How much is the emulation? Ms can be cheap. Weigh the options. A plug and play harness for 2.4 can be made easily.

2.4 is proven.
Ms is proven (i dd'd my ms car for years)
The guy who got me interested in ms now has a 16vt running on 2.4.

I'm down for tuning the stock stuff. How much is the emulation? Ms can be cheap. Weigh the options. A plug and play harness for 2.4 can be made easily.

2.4 is proven.
Ms is proven (i dd'd my ms car for years)
The guy who got me interested in ms now has a 16vt running on 2.4.

I agree MS can be cheap, but where I am at right now, I'd love to be able to just tinker on the stock lh. Learn to tune on something I can unplug, and plug another back in. Not rewire all my shiz and sit stumped. Like i said, I don't have anybody to help out with this sort of thing. Only knowledge I gain is on here. Sometimes I have to ask the seemingly noobish questions or I won't ever learn.

Back