• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

My 122 as shown at Davis 2010

Couple questions, why the LA rake (lower in back) & wht color did yoou paint your carb bodies? Hard to tell in the photos, dark grey??
Great car.
The car was kind of sitting in a hole like Redwood Chair said. I did cut the rear springs to get it to set a little lower. California Cascade White, code 42, is my favorite and my 242 has it as the factory color. I like the black and white contrast and good stainless trim is hard to find and expensive. The carbs are Solexs that have the natural shiny black finish on
the bodies. I have 42 DCOEs for it also but prefer the Solex carbs for every day driving. Plus these carbs were supposedly offered in the factory performance catalog so they are also period correct.

The internet says that 4.5 on 5 {older 122s pattern, to 67?} is the same as 114.5.
AFAIK, all 122s are 5x4.5. That is indeed the same as 5x114.3, as I have the wheels from Logan's RX7 on mine. Well, the front, anyway. The rear rubs the inner fender, and both ends need spacers....

Good to see you and your great looking car again! Looks better every time. Maybe I'll be able to give you a run for your money next year. Of course, now that I've said it, I probably won't get the thing drivable for another 3 years....

Fixed. Gary and I had a conversation about that when he was on his bazillionth trip to the table. They should have stopped that at some point, but then, I got to go up there a few times myself...
The problem was that they kept buying him $20 worth of tickets every round, so he had a fresh layer on top every time. That was bull****.

Webers

looking good...why is that bolt capping a fuel line?
The Webers I have for it are set up to feed individually off the main line. I am going to change the fuel setup soon. The present pump makes more noise than the motor and I want to tidy up the engine department a little.

Want one!

It was really good to meet you and check out your badass 122! My favorite 122 at the show for sure, by a long shot.

And thank you for posting that picture of my daughter in her little car. I forgot my camera that day, so it's nice to have some shots of her cruising around!

Seeing her was one of the highlights of the show for me! I was so impressed with her car, I tried to see if I might be able to find one for my grandsons. How did you acquire hers? I suspect that it is really a '49 mercury. 122s are known as the mini Mercury among lead sledders. I was unable to locate one on the internet.

Yes, that is my daughter in her monster pedal car... or that is my little monster in her pedal car. Depends on how you're looking at it. :lol:[/QUOTE]

The Webers I have for it are set up to feed individually off the main line. I am going to change the fuel setup soon. The present pump makes more noise than the motor and I want to tidy up the engine department a little.

Just kidding - looks great. I know the sound when the fuel pump is louder than the exhaust note :roll: and praying that it make it through the next trip:rofl:.

They should have give a trophy, for effort.I really like the way you've done your 122.:nod:

Seeing her was one of the highlights of the show for me! I was so impressed with her car, I tried to see if I might be able to find one for my grandsons. How did you acquire hers? I suspect that it is really a '49 mercury. 122s are known as the mini Mercury among lead sledders. I was unable to locate one on the internet.

I found mine used on Craigslist in Los Banos a few months ago as a pedal car. And then I welded up the steering linkage and push handle, and installed a floor in it to keep her feet off the pedals. It's all reversible, so that when she grows into it, I'll take all the stroller crap off and she can pedal it around. Yeah, it's a 49 mercury convertible, but they make several different bodies. I see them all the time on Ebay under "custom stroller" and here is their website:

http://www.wickedcarts.net/stroller/stroller.asp

I found mine used on Craigslist in Los Banos a few months ago as a pedal car. And then I welded up the steering linkage and push handle, and installed a floor in it to keep her feet off the pedals. It's all reversible, so that when she grows into it, I'll take all the stroller crap off and she can pedal it around. Yeah, it's a 49 mercury convertible, but they make several different bodies. I see them all the time on Ebay under "custom stroller" and here is their website:

http://www.wickedcarts.net/stroller/stroller.asp

Thanks, I'll check it out.

66-67 up 122s might have the same pattern as 240s

{Quote}
AFAIK, all 122s are 5x4.5. That is indeed the same as 5x114.3, as I have the wheels from Logan's RX7 on mine. Well, the front, anyway. The rear rubs the inner fender, and both ends need spacers

I think the later models got a different pattern as you see a lot of Virgos that don't look like they have adapters. Could be wrong though, I am old.

Better late than never

Any shots with the hood down from the front?? I dig the black grills.
110159876.jpg

Back