• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Poik's 1983 245 DL - The Ultimate Daily Driver (in my eyes)

Got the moon discs mounted yesterday.

003.JPG

Copy cat:grrr: Just kidding:lol:
Looks awesome

Thanks Tim!

So I took the car to IPD last weekend. In preparation for the trip I replaced the transmission mount with IPD's HD mount, which made the transmission hit the tunnel on acceleration. Bought more ratchet straps and tightened them down in a very precise fashion so that the car would still run good. If I tightened the passenger side strap down too much, the engine wouldn't idle. No clue, and I don't even want to know what's going on with it. I also fixed a vacuum leak from a split hose going to the ignition box. My alternator has been flaking out on me, but it charged for the last 1+ hour of the drive down, so I was good to go when I got down there. However, the car started running on 3 cylinders and I didn't want to pull over to check it because I was already late and in a pissed off mood from the alternator. Turned out the driver's side ratchet strap had cracked the engine hoist mount on the thermostat housing, and bent it over onto one of the spark plug wires, where it was arching to. Anyways, arrived at RSI and we threw the charger on it for good measure.

On the way back, the battery was fully charged, and I almost made it home with the alternator not charging at all, but I stopped at John V's house to pick up my flywheel, and the car died and wouldn't restart. We were able to jump it and then I fixed the exiter wire to the + terminal on the alternator and that sorta worked, and I was able to drive the remaining 30 miles home. I haven't driven the car since I got home, because the engine/alternator/banging transmission issues are just pissing me off. I'm going to try to get the new engine and transmission ready for it ASAP.

The only thing I got done during the week was wiring up my BuchkaSpark board to my EZK box. Still need to pot the legs with hot glue and figure out what pins to use for the launch control inputs. I used the empty EGR pins 14 and 15 for spark outputs 1-4 and 2-3, respectively. I wired the 1-4 spark output to the right side of R747, and the 2-3 output to the right leg of D742:

001.JPG

Hopefully after this weekend I will have an update with some more substance to it.

Went to the junkyard today with Trevor (F13ND) because it is 1/2 price this weekend. I scored a G80 with the cover and speed sensor that I will be installing in this car, as well as a pretty clean M47 that was just sitting there in a 245 that was already missing the engine. For 10 bolts and 1/2 price it was hard to say no.

Nope, it's hideous. I'll post engine bay shots when I replace the engine, which now won't be until next summer.

Did this ever get completed? I'm really interested to see how the ITB set up came out.

Trevor, you dirty bastard..

Not sure when I am going to finish this project at the moment. I'll be back in the US for a month this summer, but I'll probably be way too busy with other **** to even touch this car. Maybe summer of 2014 if I come back.

I like the squares more than the tv screens, this mean your flat hooding this? I really think single rounds would fit better with the moondisc theme though.

Did you notice a big difference after you installed the sound deadening?
Yeah after it was all in the car was much quieter. The doors now sound solid when they close instead of metallic-y. I'm really glad I did it!
I like the squares more than the tv screens, this mean your flat hooding this? I really think single rounds would fit better with the moondisc theme though.
Yeah idunno, I think I just gotta try them out and see what works best. And yes, flathood for sure.

Back