• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

850 T10 Kompressor

:nomex:

It was a legitimate question, tell me why it's a stupid idea.

1 - Four more problems than usual.
2 - WHAT.. THE ****..
3 - Can you imagine the sh!t storm of intakes, exhausts, heat shields.. never mind the fact that they're using ONE cylinder to spool.
4 - WHAT.. THE ****..
5 - Research theories behind compound turbocharging before asking questions such as this, for all of us.

There's literally no benefit to this idea besides being the worlds most famous *special* person that turpenta-charged a Volvo 5 cylinder. Even two turbos would be a much-less-than-good idea on that motor.

Last edited:
you could set it up like this:
98241068.jpg

or it could be done this way, yah?
98241070.jpg

I had hood clearance issues with this though:
135384191.jpg

:nomex:

1 - Four more problems than usual.
2 - WHAT.. THE ****..
3 - Can you imagine the sh!t storm of intakes, exhausts, heat shields.. never mind the fact that they're using ONE cylinder to spool.
4 - WHAT.. THE ****..
5 - Research theories behind compound turbocharging before asking questions such as this, for all of us.

There's literally no benefit to this idea besides being the worlds most famous *special* person that turpenta-charged a Volvo 5 cylinder. Even two turbos would be a much-less-than-good idea on that motor.
I was just thinking of doing it for ****s and giggles, as long as I could produce the same power as a normal big turbo, I don't need to research compound charging, my 850 is already compound charged.

I was just thinking of doing it for ****s and giggles, as long as I could produce the same power as a normal big turbo, I don't need to research compound charging, my 850 is already compound charged.

Then sir, the best thing for you to do is to get some **** and giggle it seems. Cost effectiveness aside, practicality and usability aside, the inbound ****storm of problems aside... I support you 100%.

i love your build claymore, but you do need to do some research on compound charging if you think your 850 is compound charged... your 850 is twin charged. turbo+super=twin charged, 2x turbo= twin turbo, 2x turbo one feeding the other= compound

i love your build claymore, but you do need to do some research on compound charging if you think your 850 is compound charged... your 850 is twin charged. turbo+super=twin charged, 2x turbo= twin turbo, 2x turbo one feeding the other= compound

Thank you.

edit: Compound charging a 2.3 seems like it would almost be reasonable *if* you could get the motor to choke down 30 pounds of extra pressure, but the benefits and cost effectiveness of using ONE turbocharger run off 5 cylinders to make a "safe" amount of boost is inarguable. I don't know how built this motor is, so I can't say it won't handle 30+ pounds. But if you can get upwards of 20 from a reasonably sized unit, that spools relatively quickly, then it would seem silly to do anything besides that..

Last edited:
One turbo feeding a supercharger is compound charged, compounding means the second compressor compounds the boost out of the feed compressor.

1. Where would you fit all these turbos and plumbing?
2. Why deal with all that extra weight and plumbing?
3. The cost
4. Each turbo receives a .46L burst of exhaust every other rotation.
5. The shims would expand too much causing oval pistons. Then you would have to swap in a Honda NR500 engine.

Thank you.

edit: Compound charging a 2.3 seems like it would almost be reasonable *if* you could get the motor to choke down 30 pounds of extra pressure, but the benefits and cost effectiveness of using ONE turbocharger run off 5 cylinders to make a "safe" amount of boost is inarguable. I don't know how built this motor is, so I can't say it won't handle 30+ pounds. But if you can get upwards of 20 from a reasonably sized unit, that spools relatively quickly, then it would seem silly to do anything besides that..
My engine is a 2.4 built motor and as it happens didn't like 35psi and split a liner...lol, all ok now.

Back