• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

740 87 740 Swaybar Endlink bushings

volvoboy90

sanna kärlek är svensk
Ok, so I have just gotten another volvo... :bow:

And I cannot leave well enough alone. Gotta fix it!! It needs Swaybar endlink bushings BADLY. From FCP and IPD, the selection... sucks. It has the aluminum control arms, so the end links are threaded on each side. All I can find is aftermarket crap, Scantech and URO, or FCP's Economy. It is sort of hard to tell some of them apart, too. Does anybody have any suggestions on where to find a good set of swaybar endlink bushings for this thing? It has IPD swaybars, and it is tearing them up good.

Well that sucks... I've never had to do that before. Is there a site, number, or location I have to go to or call to see what I can find?

I once looked this up. It seems that the end link kits for a 1969 Camaro with a Big Block come the closest to fitting.

The APDTY site shows the wrong kind. It shows the end links that will also fit a 240... findapart doesn't really give me an idea if it is the proper one I need.

1205991.jpg

9157725.jpg

which?

Yeah, I provided a link to the end links I have.

go ahead and buy the scam-tech iterations...(now owned by DORMAN a fairly
well distributed source in the US)...fer $11 USFRN a pop you'll have the PATTERN
for the bushes you need and can shop whilst the new bushes get worn....lube them
w/RE RUBBER GREASE and they'll last a little longer (it's a vegetable based grease
that will protect the rubber from "other chemistry"....)
or you can use AQUALUBE like IPD sends out w/their "sway-bar kits"
http://www.ipdusa.com/products/7399/100788-aqualube-sway-bar-grease

http://aqualubeky.com/grease/

measure up the bushes and get in on the next "super-pro group buy"....

Yeah, I was just looking for something a little more durable than scam-tech...

we're ALL at the hands of the pirate princes now man....the race to the
bottom started several years ago...

it's why I am GLAD I'm near the end of the race rather than the beginning....
all the "picked over remains" of my beloved British sports and "tres chic"
Rollers and such are now disappearing into the weeds...damned shame...
good run tho...wouldn't swop out my life for any other...
I've got a fleet of stable running Volvos and a couple of toys....all my
older BIKE customers are doing their damnedest to stay on the tarmac
w/their machinery but old age and failing health is taking them on a regular
basis...

Yeah... Sucks, though. Of course, got a 740 with the "unusual" control arms. Ah, well. It's niceto have something that iisn't completely foreign to me. It's weird looking for a thread I just made with a 740 prefix. :lol:

I've found poly's in the yards. The uppers from the lollipops work top and bottom on the straight ones.

Back