• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Drill a hole, in the rear wheel well, for access to the BC BR shock setting knob

Msi

Hello fellow TBs!!

Got a set of BC BRs for my 940.

Going to track it and need to be able to change settings on the track.

Currently I'm baffled by the most basic thing - seems that the Hard/Soft knob on the rear shock is only accessible when shock is removed... WTH, really?

The rear shock -
https://i.ibb.co/3NfZGBD/Screenshot-20200504-015937-2.png

The rear wheel well -
https://i.ibb.co/NpK5m5r/Screenshot-20200504-020130-2.png

Easy to see that the turn knob at the top of the shock is not accessible when shock installed in the car.

So, my probably stupid idea, is to drill a hole in the wheel well, to be able to get to that knob with say a finger or a screwdriver, to turn it without having to remove the shock.

Please tell me that there is a better way to do it 🙏

Thanks in advance,
Matthew.

I don't know how t inhese are supposed tot be mounted. But is it possible that you mounted them upside down?

Just figure out where the adjustment know will be and make a hole with a hole saw. A 1 inch hole in that location won't affect the strength of the metal, but if you are worried you can weld around the edges of the hole to beef it up and remove any possibility of developing cracks.

Just figure out where the adjustment know will be and make a hole with a hole saw. A 1 inch hole in that location won't affect the strength of the metal, but if you are worried you can weld around the edges of the hole to beef it up and remove any possibility of developing cracks.

That's the plan. I was hoping that I was missing something obvious, a proper way to do it.

I was contemplating to order from ClassicSwede. I have a great experience with ordering from You.
But, the postal prices for these + customs (to Israel) is steep.
I ended up purchasing BC BR from a local Volvo guy that disassembled he's 940 for parts.

Gotta pay to play

I have these on my car, and BC told me it was fine to mount them upside down so that the adjustment was accessible at the bottom.

Though it seems I'm too late as you've already made your cuts

I have these on my car, and BC told me it was fine to mount them upside down so that the adjustment was accessible at the bottom.

Though it seems I'm too late as you've already made your cuts

No they are fine to run upside down, shocking if they do not even know their own products

Back