home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > performance & modifications

Old 01-20-2011, 04:29 PM   #26
Jeh
Wants a V12

Quote:
Originally Posted by m46destroyer View Post
Stock LH2.4 > chipped LH2.2

I've run the 2.2 chiped ecu with EZK and its way faster than the stock 2.4.
Truly an information warehouse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle242gt View Post
I post not for information, but for ignorant entertainment.

1994 Jaguar XJ6

Last edited by Jeh; 01-20-2011 at 05:20 PM..
Jeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:35 PM   #27
Swiftfingers
Board Member

all this ostrich business certainly is interesting, but is it easy enough for people like me?
Swiftfingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:59 PM   #28
2fast4u
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiftfingers View Post
all this ostrich business certainly is interesting, but is it easy enough for people like me?
hey. pipe down. don't push too hard between somebody runs away scared of the noobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badvlvo View Post
Sounds like you are afraid of the horse cock Kenny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxman51 View Post
I will freely admit that yes, yes I am. and I'm not ashamed of that fact.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBill View Post
im skeptical... i hope this isnt your last post. famous last words, rite? "anyone JB welded this?"
2fast4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 05:15 PM   #29
ltrail
Board Member

Shoot, Ill search up a 2.4 harness i guess.... I do enjoy the TRUE obd setup on my 89 244. Makes things easier on me troubleshooting wise. Apparently one day i skipped a few teeth normal DD style. I changed the t-belt and was sure i was off when fuel ecu said rich and the ign side said erratic idle. Super retarded timing for sure! How it happens driving 5miles to work and back is beyond me but i bought it fine and one day suddenly CEL and accelerated like my sons go kart engine was in it.

2.4 adventure here i come! Too bad yesterday was half off day at PnP!! my 2.2 harness cost me like $6.
ltrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 05:25 PM   #30
fige
KING OF TBOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNAsEqUeNcE View Post
megasquirt dude! don't even mess with the stock stuff!
shut up
fige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 05:34 PM   #31
2fast4u
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fige View Post
shut up
I missed the post where you stated your opinion on this matter.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:41 PM   #32
ltrail
Board Member

I will kindly ask that this remain informative. I asked about injectors and setups the other day and it turned into "whos doodle dangled farther". No need for hostility but i agree with 2fast.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:56 PM   #33
2fast4u
Board Member

not letting this die.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:14 PM   #34
fige
KING OF TBOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
I missed the post where you stated your opinion on this matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrail View Post
I will kindly ask that this remain informative. I asked about injectors and setups the other day and it turned into "whos doodle dangled farther". No need for hostility but i agree with 2fast.
No hostility. Just some people have the tendency to try to convert people to MS no matter what, while Lh2.2 or Lh2.4 easily satisfies the ECU needed for most reasonable power goals.
I don't know your mechanical ability, but I hate to see people take on MS or other projects (because someone told them so) and then get left hanging or just having problems one after another with the car because of their inexperience.

Mike makes lh2.4 chips, and are extremely worth it. I converted my car from 2.0 --> 2.2 --> 2.4 and it's just getting better and better. The (only) pain in the ass was drilling the crank sensor and not having a speed signal as of now. i've owned an MS, kjet, Lh2.2, l2.0, and lh2.4 car. And the lh2.4 with chips is the "most fun" so far.

and brett, I love you man! (no homo)

Last edited by fige; 01-21-2011 at 12:24 AM..
Old 01-21-2011, 11:30 AM   #35
ltrail
Board Member

^^ I totally forgot about my neeed for a 2.4 friendly flywheel...But 2.4 is the plan since chips are available locally. Like down the street. lol. Im fairly mechanically inclined. Not afraid of wiring.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:27 PM   #36
fige
KING OF TBOT

so you are local.

I mean, I love lh2.4, it meets my requirements and it's easily chipped. the only reason I can think of why I would go MS is if parts for Lh2.4 dried up or my power goal was +300hp
Old 01-21-2011, 01:37 PM   #37
Lord_Athlon
Just damn

I'm gonna see if I can do a 2.2/2.4 hybrid. Or just drill a flat flywheel.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:39 PM   #38
2fast4u
Board Member

Quote:
you can use the ostrich to play with both fuel and spark? Would you use ostrich to tune your fuel map, then switch it over to the ezk to tune spark as we have separate computers for each?
Come on. SOmebody help me. I don't know anybody who knows this kind of stuff well enough to teach me.

Quote:
No hostility. Just some people have the tendency to try to convert people to MS no matter what, while Lh2.2 or Lh2.4 easily satisfies the ECU needed for most reasonable power goals.
I don't know your mechanical ability, but I hate to see people take on MS or other projects (because someone told them so) and then get left hanging or just having problems one after another with the car because of their inexperience.

Mike makes lh2.4 chips, and are extremely worth it. I converted my car from 2.0 --> 2.2 --> 2.4 and it's just getting better and better. The (only) pain in the ass was drilling the crank sensor and not having a speed signal as of now. i've owned an MS, kjet, Lh2.2, l2.0, and lh2.4 car. And the lh2.4 with chips is the "most fun" so far.

and brett, I love you man! (no homo)
Agreed. I'd love to go to MS, but I don't know enough about it, and don't have the coin. As of right now, it'd be cheaper to buy the emulator and some chips and have at it.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:43 PM   #39
Lord_Athlon
Just damn

I'm down for tuning the stock stuff. How much is the emulation? Ms can be cheap. Weigh the options. A plug and play harness for 2.4 can be made easily.

2.4 is proven.
Ms is proven (i dd'd my ms car for years)
The guy who got me interested in ms now has a 16vt running on 2.4.
Lord_Athlon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:41 AM   #40
2fast4u
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Athlon View Post
I'm down for tuning the stock stuff. How much is the emulation? Ms can be cheap. Weigh the options. A plug and play harness for 2.4 can be made easily.

2.4 is proven.
Ms is proven (i dd'd my ms car for years)
The guy who got me interested in ms now has a 16vt running on 2.4.
I agree MS can be cheap, but where I am at right now, I'd love to be able to just tinker on the stock lh. Learn to tune on something I can unplug, and plug another back in. Not rewire all my shiz and sit stumped. Like i said, I don't have anybody to help out with this sort of thing. Only knowledge I gain is on here. Sometimes I have to ask the seemingly noobish questions or I won't ever learn.
Old 01-22-2011, 05:16 AM   #41
JW240
All idiot, no savant

Quote:
you can use the ostrich to play with both fuel and spark? Would you use ostrich to tune your fuel map, then switch it over to the ezk to tune spark as we have separate computers for each?
The Ostrich can do one thing at a time. I'd do fuel first, then ignition.

The Ostrich is 175$. http://www.moates.net/ostrich-20-the....html?cPath=95

I can install MS if i want. But right now it is not worth the money for me. My car runs good and i can tune it when needed. I'd like to see how far i can get with LH too. Many of the ms installs i see are plagued by tuning/grounding/etc issues, staying with a system like LH that is already in the car can be a good idea for some people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwood Chair View Post
Don't forget about properly seasoning it on HF jackstands for a couple years whilst dreaming about big powah 'goals'.
JW240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:02 AM   #42
2fast4u
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW240 View Post
The Ostrich can do one thing at a time. I'd do fuel first, then ignition.

The Ostrich is 175$. http://www.moates.net/ostrich-20-the....html?cPath=95

I can install MS if i want. But right now it is not worth the money for me. My car runs good and i can tune it when needed. I'd like to see how far i can get with LH too. Many of the ms installs i see are plagued by tuning/grounding/etc issues, staying with a system like LH that is already in the car can be a good idea for some people.
thanks man. I appreciate it. I know the guys who have the knowledge for this protect it with an iron fist.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:16 AM   #43
ltrail
Board Member

Quote:
so you are local.

I mean, I love lh2.4, it meets my requirements and it's easily chipped. the only reason I can think of why I would go MS is if parts for Lh2.4 dried up or my power goal was +300hp
Yes local. Im in mesa. I dont know TLAO's exact location but its not a big town so my car cant be more than five min from his place(I hear thats where thee good stuff is for 2.4) if lh2.4 can hold up 200-250 id do it and drive it that way for a while. Ive been loooking for another B23F and maybe a 16v. I'll want to build something ugly all at once and still drive what i have while building and collecting.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:32 AM   #44
Lord_Athlon
Just damn

It's more than 5 min. Where in mesa?
Old 01-22-2011, 11:33 AM   #45
Lord_Athlon
Just damn

Quote:
I agree MS can be cheap, but where I am at right now, I'd love to be able to just tinker on the stock lh. Learn to tune on something I can unplug, and plug another back in. Not rewire all my shiz and sit stumped. Like i said, I don't have anybody to help out with this sort of thing. Only knowledge I gain is on here. Sometimes I have to ask the seemingly noobish questions or I won't ever learn.
Thats why I gave the anecdote of my friend with the 2.4 16vt.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:58 PM   #46
fige
KING OF TBOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrail View Post
Yes local. Im in mesa. I dont know TLAO's exact location but its not a big town so my car cant be more than five min from his place(I hear thats where thee good stuff is for 2.4) if lh2.4 can hold up 200-250 id do it and drive it that way for a while. Ive been loooking for another B23F and maybe a 16v. I'll want to build something ugly all at once and still drive what i have while building and collecting.
that's pretty much my goal with lh2.4 b23f+t
Old 01-22-2011, 02:07 PM   #47
ltrail
Board Member

I live off greenfield n university. Car's in aj. Can't have more vehicles than parking at the apartment.
Old 01-22-2011, 06:33 PM   #48
2fast4u
Board Member

It seems on ecuproject, many people are having issues using tunerpro. There are some other programs as mentioned here, but even those seem very un-userfriendly. Am I going to buy an emulator, and be able to tune? Or am I going to run into a wall of issues. This is where I think MS becomes more user friendly. Which is scary to say
Old 01-22-2011, 07:10 PM   #49
beepee
how hard can it be?

Quote:
It seems on ecuproject, many people are having issues using tunerpro. There are some other programs as mentioned here, but even those seem very un-userfriendly. Am I going to buy an emulator, and be able to tune? Or am I going to run into a wall of issues. This is where I think MS becomes more user friendly. Which is scary to say
I have used ipdown's program and TunerPro RT with no issues.

TunerPro throws a CEL occasionally because it does not update the checksum automagically like ipdown's program. I only really use TunerPro because I can define maps and tweak stuff that isn't visible in ipdown's program (because he isn't finished ).

If you get an Ostrich, install the drivers (FTDI serial port), and open ipdown's program, you are literally ready to start tuning fuel.

Tuning EZK/ignition should be similar, but you will have to use TunerPro RT. There are a few XDFs that look good so if you are itching to try it's easy.

I just swapped the air mass meter linerization table in my rom for the 012 AMM so hopefully I can just plug in the 012 and not have the funky ignition advance that everyone else has.... we'll see. Waiting on some tubing...
beepee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:22 PM   #50
TeamNorrland
Board Member

Im seaching after tuning chip for my 740 87' with B230F, injection, M47 gearbox.
Does this chips fits my box's? I have LH2.2.. i think. :P

My sell thread for 1/2/7/9-series
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showth...71#post5313371

My wanted thread
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showth...75#post5313375

My rides ;
Audi V8 D11 Quattro '91 - Project car
Volvo 855 '93 - Daily drive
Volvo XC70 D5 AWD '07 - Daily drive
TeamNorrland is offline   Reply With Quote