• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

AC / PS bracket

aristg

El Greco Capitano
300+ Club
Anyone who has pictures or part number for b21/23 bracket which can support ac + power steering pump - the newer style ?

I am NOT talking about the old style York compressor bracket which looks like a square missing one side which on top has the old triangle style pump.

The goal is to mount newer style rotary AC and 91+ steering pump with integrated oil can on a B21.

Great info thanks !!

It looks the B21/23 casting is missing a bolt hole right next to the distributor opening. This was added on B230 as you said. However by looking at the links you posted, there are bracket configs that can be bolted (two versions of it).

49945159188_0d2430472b_o.jpg

B230/B200 or in general later engines config: blue markings
B21/23: red markings (this is actually be a B21 on the pic by bobxyz)

Sorry for the poor drawing skills :lol:

The B21FT blocks that I've seen ('82, '83, '84) all have the 4 red circled studs.

I think the normal B230F blocks also have the same 4 mounting holes, but use bolts instead. I'm not sure if the mounting bolt location by the distributor is used for anything - the one below isn't tapped.

Here's a side-by-side picture, '84 B21FT on left (with a broken stud) and '89(?) B230F on right (click on pic for bigger size)

I was under the impression that all redblocks were the same. Apparently they have some minor differences.

Here is a bracket (alternator - ac) which was removed from a late B200 engine. Also it fits perfectly to a donor skinny rod non squirter B230 block i got.

49947036346_2a4630ff13_b.jpg

This one for example does not fit to my B21. Its part number is 1336937.

Btw my skinny rod B230 is tapped at that location !!

Here is another ac / ps engine bracket from a late model b200f. It features the latest ps pump Z shaped bracket (tensioner below the pump almost horizontal - older bracket has the tensioner upright close to the distributor). It also has the latest rabbit ear ac on it and no ps pump bushings ! Go figure ...

Last edited:
I have one from an '87 245. I think that it had the remote P/S res,I don't know if that matters. It's sitting on the floor in my shop and in the way.

@283SD Why don't you take a pic of it ? The pumps have 2 different mounting ways (tensioner below pump & tensioner next to distributor)

Haven't set up to send pictures yet. The a/c p/s was bolted to the block,tensioner next to the distributor

Back