• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Quin's Wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's bulls<g>hit season, so i found some blizzaks and went for a spin. i've always liked hakkapeliittas and ipikes but never tried blizzaks before. the compound feels like chewed gum.

as you can see, it sat under a tree for a while and now has leaves frozen to the paint. that's good for it, right?

TCl5Gvh.jpg

i've started it a couple of times playing with the tune a little bit, trying to smooth out cold starts in the recent subzero (F) temps. every time i have, it's output a significant amount of smoke/fog which i was hoping was frozen condensation in the exhaust thawing and exiting.

so i went for my blizzak spin,

P3XfviP.jpg
aLRtiAd.jpg

that's odd--

NjFJjvD.jpg

oh.

it's bulls<g>hit season, so i found some blizzaks and went for a spin. i've always liked hakkapeliittas and ipikes but never tried blizzaks before. the compound feels like chewed gum.

I've been using General Tire Altimax Arctic 12 which is basically a Gislaved Nordfrost (both owned by Continental)

Studded, of course.

anyway, i put another ebay turbo in it and also an aux shaft seal, and then i put forth some small efforts in regards to putting the crown vic wheels on, and then i got irritated and gave up, and got my old virgos and nankangs back and put those on, and then got annoyed at how laggy it is and spent five days doing angsty turbo window shopping, and obtained a 16t with the intent to turn it into a 19t (which is the turbo that was in it in the old days that i never should have gotten rid of), and then i calmed down and thought maybe i'll just preload the wastegate some more and adjust the cam timing a little bit.

so i have an adjustable cam gear on the way. i look forward to not swapping it in while it sits on my desk for five weeks. i hate the car and also cannot be free of it. i dream of having a different project but cannot separate myself emotionally from this one and so remain bonded to it like sisyphus to his great stone.

if i am be the steward of this car, i must be able to slide it around without becoming annoyed. so i will either enact electric power steering or fold and put stock power steering back in it for the first time since 2009. i will also install the truetrac so that when i slide it, i will know my destiny, as opposed to just guessing whether the worn out g80 will or will not lock.

also,

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/n7ICJtkjqyc" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

i got a splash pan. that was my big black friday purchase.

i never did end up installing this.

I can't wait to watch you install knockoff dynamat. That will be great.

was it?

so i have an adjustable cam gear on the way. i look forward to not swapping it in while it sits on my desk for five weeks.

i still haven't put it in. it's been three months.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WChTqYlDjtI" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back