View Single Post
Old 11-04-2021, 11:47 AM   #8
floydilian
Board Member

Default Thanks

Also thanks for that wayback link, that was pretty helpful even without the pics!

Well, after much destroying of resistors, here is my progress and one question:

First, I tried setting up only the super simple tach circuit as described in 6.9.13 "Mitsubishi CAS with aftermarket disc" and did the mods in 5.2.3 "Hall Sensor Input". That includes a pull-up resistor on the board. That didn't work - I mean, I got action on the logger but it was all over the place even with different rising/falling options. I figure that I need to set up the Cam circuit too for this, even though I am going wasted spark. So much for the lazier option..

So now I am ready to do the mods in 5.2.14.2 "Adding a cam sensor input - hall sensor / optical sensor". After a bunch of reading, I am good with everything except I need one piece of advice: "a) JP1/pin3 should be connected with a jumper wire to a spare pin on the main DB37 connector (e.g. SPR3)". In my case SPR3 and SPR4 is used as spark A and B. I think that leaves me with two options - any advice on which is easier?

1 - Use pin 25 (IAC1A) since I will be doing PWM idle control later. Does anyone know if I have to disconnect anything else to use this pin?
2 - Use pin 36 (high current ignition) since I am doing wasted spark on pins 5/6. Does anyone know if I have to disconnect anything else to use this pin?

Thanks guys! I'll write all this up when done for the next person doing MS2/3.57.
floydilian is offline   Reply With Quote