• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Fenders 940 vs 960 mk1

David945FT

Some say that they won?t fit, all I know is... I?m confused.

I got my 945 ft an d my front fenders are rotten, I got my eye on some cheap replacements but they come from an old 960 ( with the 940 headlights ) will they fit??? People tell me that there should be a difference but I can?t seem to spot the difference

960 fenders will not work. They need to be from a 740 (90 and up) or another 940. They are fundamentally the same until they reach the cowl area and you should clearly see how they are different.

Isn't the only difference if it's a cowl hood vs non cowl hood? If it's a first gen 960 with 940 style headlight, the front is the same, it's just if the cowl is part of the hood or not

Errrr, edit. Google search is showing all early 960's have a cowl hood and 940's have a non cowl hood

When I swapped front ends I had to body work in the a pillar section to keep my non cowl hood. The fenders bolted up, just a slight mismatch at the a pilar

Last edited:
Isn't the only difference if it's a cowl hood vs non cowl hood? If it's a first gen 960 with 940 style headlight, the front is the same, it's just if the cowl is part of the hood or not

Errrr, edit. Google search is showing all early 960's have a cowl hood and 940's have a non cowl hood

When I swapped front ends I had to body work in the a pillar section of the 960 fender to keep my 940 cowl hood. The fenders bolted up, just a slight mismatch at the a pilar

Cowl hood. Fixed it for you.

Maybe it's wording. Let's call it short vs long hood. My 940 has a short hood with fixed cowl and had to mod the fender a pillars. So I guess I'm calling a non cowl hood a short one and a cowl hood a long one so I kept my 940's non cowl, short hood

Actually, 940 SE's use the non-cowl hood as well.

Not to hijack, but I assume that fenders from a '90 760 would be the same as a '92 960, correct?

Mine is build in '91, bur for the European market so it has the short hood. But I have sourced a good fender for it( not easy in Denmark 'cause of that damn salt on the roads)

Back