• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

New to the Forums - Adding Pictures

tworedvolvos

Hello,

Can someone share with me how to add pictures to these posts?

Not sure on how or where to go to find that information.

Thanks.

Hey man wrong forum probably but
You can upload to imgur and paste the album link back or upload to imgur and use the [ img ] imgurlhere [/ img ] tags.

Welcome to Turbobricks!

Would be nice if you also included pics of your pics.

Hi Newbie, you're in the "for sale" section of the Message Board. Here, you generally post items for sale, and must include a price. It's strongly suggested that you post photos of your wares as well.

To answer your original question, there is a small icon that looks like a postcard with mountains on it, to the right of the Insert Link button. If you copy the image address (you can make one for your own photos by uploading them to facebook or imgur, or any other website that hosts photos) and paste it into the address bar that pops up, you can insert images into the post. The address will display the native resolution of the image, so for this screen shot, the pixels displayed are at a 1:1 ratio.

Like so:

41479929_10156611184939105_6726281882071203840_o.jpg

Here's the Icon:
41467872_10156611187214105_7371954181218762752_n.jpg

And the text box to insert your URL:
41490567_10156611187364105_8806820927095439360_n.jpg

Or just go with the
I]
to do exactly the same thing.

I've been using imgbb.com. It's really fast and simple, but I don't know how long it will be around, or if they'll starting adding ads to your pictures. You don't need an account (but you may not be able to delete pictures if they weren't uploaded using an account).

Drag&drop to upload, find the BBCode box for the picture size you want (including thumbnails linked to fullsize) and click copy to get the embed links. Simply paste the whole link into the tbricks screen (if you copied the BBCode, you don't need to click the IMG icon on tbricks).

And per the rules, imgbb is currently $free. [Although I did see that PhotoSuckit has relented and restored some content, plus now offers a more $reasonable plan.]

I always use imgur because its pretty simple and you can resize images just by adding a letter at the end of the file name.

The reason why your photos aren't showing is because you linked the imgur album, instead of the photos. Here's how to link the actual photo.

First, go to your album, then right click the photo and click "copy image address" for the link of that single photo. Then, paste that link as an image into the site like you did before, and that's it.
oHQvWWAl.png

To resize the photo, like Dana stated you can do using Imgur, you add one of the following letters at the end of the link you copied, but before the .png ending.

Here's the resizing dimensions and their respective letters.

s = 90? 90 = Small Square
b = 160? 160 = Big Square
t = 160? 160 = Small Thumbnail
m = 320? 320 = Medium Thumbnail
l = 640? 640 = Large Thumbnail (the photo I linked above has this suffix)
h = 1024?1024 = Huge Thumbnail

So, for example, to make the photo you tried to link a large thumbnail, you would first copy the image link as I have outlined, to get the following:
https://i.imgur.com/20Kmvvv.jpeg

Then, you would add an "l" at the end, but before the .png ending when putting the link into the turbobricks "add image" popup.
https://i.imgur.com/20Kmvvvl.jpeg

If the attachments are larger than 640 they make the page disjunct hard to follow and looks like garbage.. I made a great solutions to fix it . It never happened so please contribute to a better reading board with photos not much larger that 640 in width please. We have to regulate that ourselves even though there's a global way to ensure they shrink to an appropriate size. This is a pain but it is worse when u have to transverse pages as wide as the kitchen peninsula just to view them. Its nutz.

Regards
Hubert

Last edited:
If the attachments are larger than 640 they make the page disjunct hard to follow and looks like garbage.. I made a great solutions to fix it . It never happened so please contribute to a better reading board with photos not much larger that 640 in width please. We have to regulate that ourselves even though there's a global way to ensure they shrink to an appropriate size. This is a pain but it is worse when u have to transverse pages as wide as the kitchen peninsula just to view them. Its nutz.

Regards
Hubert

what are you doing, man? Teaching someone how to post pictures properly IS the solution.

Back