• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Running with out a booster

icdpride

So I have been redoing my engine bay and overall set up and I have a bad booster, i was wondering if any one has set up one of these cars booster less, like with an electronic booster or a wilwood set up.

Are you inquiring because you want a smaller profile booster, or are you just trying to save some coin and not run one?

I ran my turbo car without a booster for ~ 6 months because the diaphragm started leaking. Your leg will get stronger.
If you want to completely remove it and run tandem MCs, that's also a possibility. Nothing available that's truly bolt in though, so there will be fab work needed.
I have a drawing somewhere of the firewall plate I made. Bolts up to the stock booster location and allows for a tandem setup with a 6:1 pedal ratio.

No its not about saving coin was just wondering what the options were besides straight manual brakes or a booster, always thought the booster was kind of ugly and already have it out while I am redoing the bay.

How does the hydroboost feel? Were there any really difficult parts about getting it too work?

Back