• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Anybody know what size nut this is & where I can find it?

Elvolvito

So while I was removing my throttle body to clean it out, one of the nuts slipped out of my hand & just disappeared apparently. Does anyone know what size nut this is & where I can find it? Please refer to the photo I’ve provided for help identifying it.

IJcIS3x

Last edited:
Assuming you lost one of the 3 flange nuts that hold the TB to the manifold it's M8 x 1.25. The arrow in your pic appears to be pointing to the nut on the throttle shaft.

Assuming you lost one of the 3 flange nuts that hold the TB to the manifold it's M8 x 1.25. The arrow in your pic appears to be pointing to the nut on the throttle shaft.

Yes, that?s the one I?m talking about, my bad. I just didn?t know what that piece was called.

I think we're switching things up a bit here.
Do you need the nut in the red or in the green circle (3 of those with one being where your arrow is pointing out of sight behind / under the throttle shaft holding the throttle body to the manifold)?
Red is the M10 lock nut, green is the M8 flange nut.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 23.09.37.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 23.09.37.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 45
Got a ruler that measures in mm? Thread pitch looked correct? Try and measure yourself from thread peak to thread peak.

Maybe someone has calipers handy and can take the measurement for you. I unfortunately don't.

I think we're switching things up a bit here.
Do you need the nut in the red or in the green circle (3 of those with one being where your arrow is pointing out of sight behind / under the throttle shaft holding the throttle body to the manifold)?
Red is the M10 lock nut, green is the M8 flange nut.

I need the one in the red circle. I tried M10x1.5 nylock but it?s too big & doesn?t fit.

Alright so it indeed was an M8-1.25. Thank you guys for all the help. Fat kiss on the forehead for all of you.

Back