• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

MountainMeet 6.0: September 9-13, 2020

I’ll be there anyway if towery lets me rip a gas pump hose off again.

pfp

161948835.jpg

Hope those mexican sodas were worth it.

edit: and also, happy birthday. I'm in the woods with no service, so no texts for a few days.

double edit: remote, but not WNC remote. have internet and didn't have to send a hotspot up on a weather balloon.

Yeah, I'm thinking for 2020 we do something low-key along the lines of the first year. I have a friend with some camping-friendly land out towards the Dragon I'll hit up, that way we're still safe from cancellations.

As soon as the forest service processes my refund for the lodge, I'll begin refunding those who sent a deposit already.

That first year at that camp ground near the Dragon was pretty fun. A lot less people that first year, and we packed in that camp ground, but still fun.
161232316.jpg

161232322.jpg

161239551.jpg

161232321.jpg

161260125.jpg

Yeah, I'm thinking for 2020 we do something low-key along the lines of the first year. I have a friend with some camping-friendly land out towards the Dragon I'll hit up, that way we're still safe from cancellations.

As soon as the forest service processes my refund for the lodge, I'll begin refunding those who sent a deposit already.
Keep my food money for beer, since you go through a lot to do this.

i think we need 3-4 more mini-meets this year in the mountains.... 1 for RWD, 1 for P2's, 1 for off-road and bicycles, and 1 for motorcycles :)

matt doesn't care if you keep it as long as he stays on the list for a bed in 2021. same goes for me lol

That first year at that camp ground near the Dragon was pretty fun. A lot less people that first year, and we packed in that camp ground, but still fun.
161232316.jpg

Thanks for posting those! Nice to see my car on the road! :lol:

The Blue 244 (pictured) has been sitting the last couple of years. Finally finishing my PhD next week, then moving to New Mexico in August for a great job. Should (finally) be building a nice drivetrain for the car over the winter.

My boss was very confused when I showed up to work today, and for a minute I was confused as to why. Then I was just depressed, so I said **** it and came home and put new injectors in the R. Better luck next year, hopefully.

My phone is still reminding me. 2 more days of reminders to go.
Thanks for posting those! Nice to see my car on the road! :lol:

The Blue 244 (pictured) has been sitting the last couple of years. Finally finishing my PhD next week, then moving to New Mexico in August for a great job. Should (finally) be building a nice drivetrain for the car over the winter.

If i venture down to see Drew before august i?ll message you. If that?s ok.

I too chose to keep my scheduled vacation and just did house work. Not quite the same but still a nice break.

never scheduled the vaykay, but I work from home these days..I get to/have to do house work 24/7

The one year both my Volvos are running, Covid happens. :lol:

It's fun keeping up with fast cars in the old PV.

Well, my Dad is still on his trip in the TurboJeep, MM or no.
He made it to Sisseton, SD, where he had munched a starter.
Then after NAPA know how got him a replacement, on to Fargo (as far as you can go he said). Then to Lake Mills IA for my cousin's Jeep FC Club meet. Now at the family cabin in Wisconsin. Headed to Indiana, then to the dragon. I gave him your number Jared, maybe y'all can hook up when he's in the neighborhood and he can take you on the scariest ride of your life.

I promise, it's way sketchier with 3x the power!

The first year I considered making it, it doesn't happen, and I'm kinda glad I didn't go, woulda been headed home thru the southern route as the storms rolled thru.

Back