• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

'87 745 Turbo Theis K1

The wipers are just prepped and rattle canned flat black. For plastic parts I use SEM paints, for everything else just our standart rattle cans we have in the shop.

Since I'll wait for the next rain before I'll put the carpets back in I'll make some smaller stuff for now.
One thing that always annoyed me was the cover on top of the glove box that was loose when I got the car and finally fall to pieces when I installed the GPS sensor for the sat nav. My wife just called the resulting hole the 'map tray'. The preowner cut the lower part of that cover and drilled some hole in it to mount it from the front - no clue why...
f28t58p7957972n38_TuJtUsvE.jpg

No more map tray, but her little golden bird is allowed to stay.
f28t58p7957972n39_NSvORfMm.jpg

A while back I put that 240 Turbo badge and the missing Volvo badge on the trunk.
f28t58p7957972n40_UZawzuqO.jpg

So far the floor is still dry, even after the snowfall, we had yesterday. I guess this weekend I'll start putting the interior back together.

Today I fixed another little thing... While converting to the double DIN stereo I moved some relais. So far only the fuel pump relais was mounted, the rest were just hanging loose somewhere in the depth of the center console. I fixed that by installing some relay holders behind the glove box.

f28t58p7957972n42_ZENdSkvb.jpg

The antenna splitter for the digital radio is also mounted. I put double sided tape on the back and put it on the side of the fuse box.

f28t58p7957972n43_Qzdslapt.jpg

Nice, im on week 3 of a drivetrain swap, I think tomorrow is the day for first startup of newly built engine (b230f+t) and t5 swap in my 940 and im definitely jealous of your headliner!

Thanks! Good luck for that first start!

I'm finally at that point, I planned to be end of last year... The black carpets are finally in!

f28t58p7957972n47_QHdLGXZe.jpg

And the rest is slowly coming back together as well.

f28t58p7957972n48_pRlgwujq.jpg

I got some early birthday presents today.

f28t58p7957973n3_jDVaIvms.jpg

A set of new yellow Hella fog lights. The bodykit is not designed to work with the original fogs. They sit ok, but they can't be adjusted in any way... These should clear the kit and fit way better. Another benifit: They are yellow - I love yellow fogs. :cool:

f28t58p7957973n2_YoBtiHCs.jpg

As well I got myself a set of quads. They will be cleaned, the bezels get some black paint and the sealed beams will be replaced by some J.W. Speaker LED headlights.

great job on the interior. I think those panels are used for passenger airbags on later cars. Mine is also kinda a disaster. I think the glovebox lock tears them out over the years. Mine is basically only held in by that hockey stick trim...

Nice progress, especially with tackling that rust! Otherwise it's a crappy feeling if you're driving around with "the silent killer" as a passenger.

I got some replacement lenses for the quads.
f28t58p7957973n8_XQVeSKcd.jpg

New on top, old on the bottom.
The bezels will be dechromed and will be painted black to match the grill.

The Rial mesh, the car came with aren't straight... That's why I'm looking for a new set of wheels for the summer tires at the moment.
Since I don't think the common options realy suit the car, I was looking for something different.
I got some cheap 16" Jaguar wheels, I liked. They look good on the car, but not that good, that they are worth buying the necessary spacers for them.
f28t58p7957973n5_THnKyjug.jpg

Next try: 17" steelies from Citroen.
f28t58p7957973n6_pAQmiHZD.jpg

f28t58p7957973n7_tVcAMaqL.jpg

Spot on! I guess I'll start searching for everything needed to get them road legal on the car.

Those citroen steelies are et35 17x7.5 right? Are you planning on a 10mm or a 20mm spacer, from experience running et15 will affect the centering behaviour of you alignment, although it will allow some better tire width;)

I'll take the ecodes!

I'll keep them as a backup, since the US headlight conversion is not fully road legal here...

What you are searching for is ocean mk18 :)

Auch wenn ich jetzt wahrscheinlich gesteinigt werde: Ich mag keine der Oceans-Felgen... :)

Those citroen steelies are et35 17x7.5 right? Are you planning on a 10mm or a 20mm spacer, from experience running et15 will affect the centering behaviour of you alignment, although it will allow some better tire width;)

They are 7x17 with ET32. I thought about running some 5mm spacers at first. But I guess 10mm are the better choise, since the original Polaris, which are designed for this car are ET20.

@GrafKroete
I think 17" S60R Pegasus rims would look beastly on your car :cool:

Some classic 16" BBS/Mahle, 17" BBS LeMans, a set of Geminis or some Ronal Aero are the only rims that I would suit is in my eyes.

Back