• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

KL racing 16 valve exhaust manifold

Marvelous3

Who engineered this?
Is anyone on here running this manifold? Looks similar to those eBay ones that had the flange upside down. Needing to create some more room for the turbo so it stops beating up the shock tower.

Also, my td05 turbo used an evo 8 inlet flange while this manifold used a t3 flange. Thinking it’s easier to have a shop cut off the t3 and weld on the evo flange. Any reason to use some t3 to evo adapter instead?

Also, my td05 turbo used an evo 8 inlet flange while this manifold used a t3 flange. Thinking it?s easier to have a shop cut off the t3 and weld on the evo flange. Any reason to use some t3 to evo adapter instead?

I?d spend the ~$100 on an adapter. Then you?re not stuck with an evo flange if you want to update it later. You can even drop a divider into the t3 flange to keep it twin scroll.

I mean I?ve got a holset he351 sitting in the closet?

The spur in a new manifold is driven more from the fact I need new motor mounts and exhaust I?ve got super in the way. So if I had a manifold that wasn?t down and then back up with a j pipe I?ll be able to access the passenger side mount easier next time. Plus, it might give me some more room over there so the downpipe isn?t right up against the shock tower.

I guess I could get an external wastegate with the kl racing manifold but I?m not trying to drop $1000 on something that is completely functional as is.

I just got one of these for my 16v and they are pretty good for the price. I did immediately take a sawzall to it, though, haha. I cut the flange off to put the turbo at a steeper angle, away from the timing cover. I'll also have to cut and shorten the #1 primary, to clear the water neck and the OP sensor. Overall, I'm pretty happy considering I'd literally have as much in parts if I tried to build it myself.

^how does it hit the water pump? Like, the water pump neck just needs to be shortened or angled differently?

Back