• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

7/9 camper project

h20ham

Was given an out of province 91 think its a 7. So needs to pass before I get excited. Needs some love, and it works good.

Traded a nice 73 Mk5 Lincoln for a mid 80?s Glas Tech SunRaider 8?

So, it will hang over about a foot.

The big early-on question is tyres. Ultimately I will put a winch on the front, and overload springs at least. What are the largest LT 10 ply + that fit?
I wont be too upset if I have to flare the fenders etc

Wondering, if anyone has seen dualies or one tonne axel on the rear of a 7/9xx?

The weight is likely less than 1000lbs. But, that is gutted. Though I am only planning on shelf?s and bed. As the entire rear of the camper lifts up like a tailgate, the world is my oyster.

Of course, its tall. Wide, and gonna get ugly.

Just finished a 245 camper. BDW 3" lift 30" tires. Took out the back seats extended the floor to the back of the front seats. Roof mounted spare, ladder on the tailgate to get to the spare. Stock roof rack moved forward with driving lights mounted on it. Will test it this week in our back yard to see how to outfit it for our future travels.

Just finished a 245 camper. BDW 3" lift 30" tires. Took out the back seats extended the floor to the back of the front seats. Roof mounted spare, ladder on the tailgate to get to the spare. Stock roof rack moved forward with driving lights mounted on it. Will test it this week in our back yard to see how to outfit it for our future travels.

This isn?t about you

A few snags, inspection facility has been closed, and winter is here.
Plans haven?t changed. But, is gonna wait till spring.
I have all the bits for inspection. New windscreen, bearings, brakes etc.

I still figure its the way to go, measurements all triple checked. It will hang over about 6 inches, and is of course a few inches above roof.

I will want to add LT tyres, and overload springs. Neither of which I have yet.

Also just acquired a 1983 242 GLT 5speed maroon. Nice, a few bits for rust. Runs great, don?t know what I will do with it. All my 4 kids already have 242?s, so maybe this is mine to go beside my 79 242 16v.

Back