• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Quebec's first T6 swap (Maybe)

poulrais

Here we go... I'm putting in a B6284t in my 1990 740 afiter selling my B230FT + 16V setup. Goals are a reliable 500-600hp/500 lbs of torque, nice handling and breaking. Tranny will be a Nissan 350z cd009. Brains will be MS3 Pro. The rest I'm not certain of anything yet. Picture for teasing:

humxfmn.jpg

0f4tuY4.jpg

lWi0tO0.jpg

q2NZt2C.jpg

Nice! I've been drooling over Deeworks' pics :).

I've been drooling on his work live!! Next is the Cd009 adapter and shifter relocation. The block is at the machine shop getting decked and a very light hone on the holes... Keeping the stock pistons/rods for now.

I've been drooling on his work live!! Next is the Cd009 adapter and shifter relocation. The block is at the machine shop getting decked and a very light hone on the holes... Keeping the stock pistons/rods for now.

Do NOT keep the stock rods. OE Cast pistons are fine (made plenty of power with them) but the rods are junk and you'd be crazy to not do them while you are there. It's just not that much expense at this stage.

Do NOT keep the stock rods. OE Cast pistons are fine (made plenty of power with them) but the rods are junk and you'd be crazy to not do them while you are there. It's just not that much expense at this stage.

Yeah... I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and order a set of HBeam rods for this...

Clutch setup: Sachs Racing SRE 765 240mm pressure plate and custom sprung 4 puck disk made by Ottawa Clutch (Bully Clutch). The flywheel is a regular NA 850 single mass. I'll use a Luk LSC265B internal slave for a 1999-2000 Camaro T56. Not sure for the master yet. I don't know if the Volvo 740 clutch master would push enough fluid for the internal slave to work correctly.

bfqfENU.jpg

dZI8xyp.jpg

It's awesome that you're close to DeeWorks to get this stuff made up. I too have been drooling over the block guard pics. Looks like I'll have to ship my block to Canada :lol:

Subscribed.

It's awesome that you're close to DeeWorks to get this stuff made up. I too have been drooling over the block guard pics. Looks like I'll have to ship my block to Canada :lol:

Subscribed.

I could always get you a cheap block locally so you'd save on the shipping a little! ;-)

And yes I feel privileged to have this guy 10 minutes away!! I just hope that people will buy his Volvo stuff so that he wont have to turn to others (read Honda) full time to make a living outta this! He works countless hours in order to be able to come out with these parts that are aimed at such a limited client base! You'd be amazed at the money these Honda guys are spending on their cars compared to us Volvo freaks!!

I could always get you a cheap block locally so you'd save on the shipping a little! ;-)

And yes I feel privileged to have this guy 10 minutes away!! I just hope that people will buy his Volvo stuff so that he wont have to turn to others (read Honda) full time to make a living outta this! He works countless hours in order to be able to come out with these parts that are aimed at such a limited client base! You'd be amazed at the money these Honda guys are spending on their cars compared to us Volvo freaks!!

I'm not opposed to that idea at all. Shipping a bare block isn't terrible, but going across that imaginary line up north seems to add to the price substantially.

You can tell DW puts a lot of time into their product. The quality and packaging (i know, sounds ridiculous, but his ish is packaged ridiculously well) Is outstanding. Now I just got to get him to make me up a whiteblock > GM auto adapter :oogle:

I'm not opposed to that idea at all. Shipping a bare block isn't terrible, but going across that imaginary line up north seems to add to the price substantially.

You can tell DW puts a lot of time into their product. The quality and packaging (i know, sounds ridiculous, but his ish is packaged ridiculously well) Is outstanding. Now I just got to get him to make me up a whiteblock > GM auto adapter :oogle:

Oh that was you asking a few days ago? :)

"DeeWorks" is just me in his garage with a few machines (and a very comprehensive wife!). I've been quite blessed with the response most of my product/idea received and I'd love to put more time into developing Volvo product. It's true that the local Honda guys are really filling me up with work and I did not ever advertise my services.

Oh that was you asking a few days ago? :)

"DeeWorks" is just me in his garage with a few machines (and a very comprehensive wife!). I've been quite blessed with the response most of my product/idea received and I'd love to put more time into developing Volvo product. It's true that the local Honda guys are really filling me up with work and I did not ever advertise my services.

Damn ricers!! :-P

So... My bores are out of round so I'll have to go 1st oversize with new pistons. Another $1000 to spend!

I'm looking at OEM replacement Top Line cast pistons or forged Wiseco for now...

I'm in for updates. Picking up a S90 to part tomorrow and keep the engine for my 740. My hp goals are a bit lower, only really need about 300whp. Kinda interested in the six speed swap as well, I'll be watching that.

Back