• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

What was the deal with RSI cams?

HiSPL

Fanking Champion 1993
Specifically how were they named? Was stage 1 an NA (low/no overlap) cam and Stage 2 and 3 for turbo apps? Or did they have stage 1, 2, and 3 in both NA and turbo blends?

Since they're closed it's hard to find the numbers online....

There's a couple of Stage two cams on Facebook for sale......

Specifically how were they named? Was stage 1 an NA (low/no overlap) cam and Stage 2 and 3 for turbo apps? Or did they have stage 1, 2, and 3 in both NA and turbo blends?

Since they're closed it's hard to find the numbers online....

There's a couple of Stage two cams on Facebook for sale......

I saw those cams on FB. I tried searching as well, couldn't find too much info. There was also a couple versions, from what I read?

If I recall correctly the Stage 1 was discontinued at one point and they shifted everything down a number. Maybe the other way around. Either way the cam spreadsheet stickied here has specs on two of them. IMO wouldn't run either without a decent amount of head work.

I ran one of their stage 1 cams. Twas shaky as a MF at idle! Unless you're winding the motor out often, that aggressive of a cam is just overkill. I had everything set up properly and it was making the brittle 80's interior of my 740 shake apart and rattle. Just get an iPd cam and an adjustable cam gear.

I ran one of their stage 1 cams. Twas shaky as a MF at idle! Unless you're winding the motor out often, that aggressive of a cam is just overkill. I had everything set up properly and it was making the brittle 80's interior of my 740 shake apart and rattle. Just get an iPd cam and an adjustable cam gear.
Stage 1 did that? I had a stage 3 and it didn't do that

I don't want a cam with overlap in it for my NA daily. I do wind it out to redline everyday, but that's because I commute on Texas highways where all the bro's doze at 80+ mph.

I like everything about an Enem V15 NA except the cost. When Cam time comes, I'll likely end up with an A or B unless I happen to be feeling rich right at that moment.

I don't want a cam with overlap in it for my NA daily. I do wind it out to redline everyday, but that's because I commute on Texas highways where all the bro's doze at 80+ mph.

I like everything about an Enem V15 NA except the cost. When Cam time comes, I'll likely end up with an A or B unless I happen to be feeling rich right at that moment.
I'll sell you a b cam for cheapish

I ran a stage 2 with an HX35, a header, nathan intake and a stock head for a minute. It was pretty good, better than the K cam it replaced. I then ran the same setup with an RSI stage 2 head and a stage 3 cam.. considerable difference over 4k rpm.

I love the A cam in my NA auto wagon with STS adjustable gear, it's actually pretty hilarious, it doesn't hit hard or anything but it will keep up or pass quite a few modern cars. My gas mileage sucks though cause I'm always flooring it and winding it out.

Enem n/a V15 low overlap at 109 degrees. Enem V15T very low overlap at 112 degrees. The cost will be amortized over the many years of steady service and reliable performance. I've been using my turbo version for over 15 years and the n/a cam went in about ten years ago. FYI Enem gave me a discount when I bought three cams at once.

No matter how hard I hammer the n/a car it gets 20mpg. Cruises at modern speeds but could use some more engine mods to provide a bit more smiles. The only other mod is EZK chip from Simon and a cold air only airbox.

There were different stage NA and different stage turbo grinds. I had a stage 2 NA came in my old NA 242gt. It was smooth.

Back