• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

740 91 740 Fuel Return. What am I missing?

HiSPL

Fanking Champion 1993
The return line at the back of the car. How do connect this:
plAlEwal.jpg

To this:
oCUxDS9l.jpg

The factory hard pipe is about 1/2" OD, but the barbed fitting on the fuel pump is 1/4". It's a banjo fitting though. Is there some Volvo part I'm missing here? The previous owner had a kluddge of brass fittings to adapt it down to 1/4", but the old 1/2" fuel hose basically just fell apart. It's probably old hose not rated for gasahol. I temporarily fixed it with some heater hose, but I'd like to do this properly. Unfortunately I haven't found the part online yet. Doesn't help that I don't even know what I'm looking for.

Does the hard pipe accept a clip-on type fuel fitting?

The best thing I can think of right now is to take the banjo bolt out and replace it with a 1/2"npt to 1/2" barb fitting. Then I could just use 1/2" fuel hose all the way.

Just sucks that I can't get any of these things in town.

Just buy the banjo union in the right size for the hose that fits the other end.
But to be honest, I never saw the banjo fittings there. Maybe some 91MY speciality.

Yeah I guess that's the solution to my particular problem.

The weird thing is that I can't find the part that's supposed to go there on any parts site. I don't have VIDA anymore and can't look it up. And also this fuel pump dosn't look like what I see on the internet either. It works though, as does the level sender.

I was told that this car ran over a bear about 100k miles ago and that some stuff underneath was fixed/replaced. When we bought it (a year ago) the main pump was whining. I figured out that the tank pump simply didn't have power. fixed the break in the cable and all has been well until this leaking started.

Back