• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

patrickstars 1983 242 4.8L/AR5 swap

East coast meets west coast with your two cars, both incredible builds. I would like to see them both sitting side by side by side one day Jason and Patrick..

ABEYGetl.jpg

Scored these from an older guy in N Portland. Cool guy, had tons and tons of Volvo stuff. Gonna clean them up.

JmQ3pzdl.jpg

Had to hack up the nice cover my friend made for my shifter hole to install the short shifter for the AR5. It feels great now.

Didn't take any pics, but I got most of the rear suspension taken out in preparation for the Kaplhenke stuff.

How much space do you have around the transmission at the closest points? Looks a bit tight.

Are you using a Ford or Chevy trans mount?

This is an awesome build! Can?t wait to see the finished product

Thank you! I've enjoyed following your wagon on here/instagram

How much space do you have around the transmission at the closest points? Looks a bit tight.

Are you using a Ford or Chevy trans mount?

Enough room that it hasn't worried me. I didn't hammer the tunnel at all. Its using a 700r4 transmission mount and an STS T56 crossmember

I asked because I feel mine is too close, and need to break out a hammer on it. I'm just curious how close you think is going to be ok. I can't get my finger between the tunnel and the transmission, I feel that is too close.

I missed that is an auto, my comment about the Ford vs Chevy mount related to the manual trans. The Ford mount is a good bit taller.

I asked because I feel mine is too close, and need to break out a hammer on it. I'm just curious how close you think is going to be ok. I can't get my finger between the tunnel and the transmission, I feel that is too close.

I missed that is an auto, my comment about the Ford vs Chevy mount related to the manual trans. The Ford mount is a good bit taller.

It actually is a 5-speed manual, just uses an auto transmission mount.

As for clearance, I could get fingers between the trans and tunnel but not a whole hand.

https://www.harborfreight.com/search?q=Air hammer

They aren't too expensive if you are going to use it. I cut a wrecked Porsche 924 into pieces that would fit in a VW Caddy once (the only truck we had to take scrap), removed the rear clip first right behind the sunroof then chopped the rest of the car up. Only used the chisel bits lol.

WzVDYzvl.jpg

We must have similar tastes, heres a 924 I cut up and hauled away. My friend in his Caddy even picked up some of the stuff to use for other VW projects

Had a family emergency recently and had to return home, so no progress for a while.

I've got parts just stacking up at home. A bunch of bulk wiring, H1/H4 headlights, relays, the ARC board, etc. I'm hoping to make some good progress whenever I can make it back over to the west side

Derek (Vol242vo) has returned the favor and texted me early this morning, letting me know an S60R came into the Mead Pull and Save near Spokane. I headed up there as soon as they opened and grabbed the calipers, and found a set of good Hydras on the 740t. I left a bunch of things because I'm at my parents house and didn't have the tools/time to pull everything.

VevdyDsl.jpg

9i7nGcAl.jpg

qWfVoCAl.jpeg

Back