• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Offroad 1992 245 - Project Sven Bjornagain

Tfest

Hipsters ruin everything™
300+ Club
What we have here is a V8 swapped, lifted on coilvers, ****Box

What we've done
- 5.3L LM7 V8 - 320HP
- Install CB radio with PA speaker
- 8" sub with 6x9's in the rear doors
- IPD Skid plate
- extended front struts
- Jeep Cherokee 2.5" lift springs for the rear
- 15" 740 steelies with 235x75 Falken tires
- Cut fenders and add fender flairs
- Poly front
- Custom 8' long roof rack
- Rear adjustable torque rods w/heim joints
- Four 13" led light bars as headlights
- BTR stage 3 cam
- 4l60E trans
- Cast hooker block hugger headers
- 3" single exhaust with 1 Magnaflow muffler, no cat
- BP harness, stock unlocked ECU
- Ford 8.8 rear with disc brakes and LSD

Current Status
EJnm9BX.jpg

Last edited:
Oh dear lord. Just let me take that engine when you v8 swap the car, preferably before it pops.

Also air conditioning. DIBS.

That’s how I planned to do my sub as well. The local audio shop wanted too much money to make a box. I thought of doing a fiberglass inlay somehow. How did you do the box? Any pictures of the backside?

I literally just made a box, cut holes for the sub and port and screwed the speaker to it. I had to cut a little bit of the body behind the panel. I used scrap mdf and it took about a half hour and cost zero dollars.

Heading to Jubitz today to get a new whip antenna, the one I have wont work. I'll post more detailed pics when I get that installed.

I literally just made a box, cut holes for the sub and port and screwed the speaker to it. I had to cut a little bit of the body behind the panel. I used scrap mdf and it took about a half hour and cost zero dollars.

How?s it sounding?

Please don't cut your fenders

It's your car, but just know that it's not necessary, and if you put big enough tires that cutting IS necessary, you will decimate what little torque you have and will get stuck on rocks comparable in size to (or smaller than) watermelons unless you do a ring & pinion swap, which involves completely disassembling the axle

You'd be surprised at how decent these look and work with a little lift and slightly bigger tires

Here's one for comparison

eRWmXVBl.jpg

ll07E1il.jpg

diP9IPAl.jpg

Edit: not to mention you can't really cut much of the forward section of the rear wheel opening due to proximity to rear door :e-shrug:

Chop the roof and turn it into a truck bed. Cut huge holes out of the fenders and mount 33"s.

Do all of this while remaining NA redblock with a 3.31 gear.

Got the tires mounted to the new wheels, boy they big... 235x75x15.

And we WILL cut whatever needs to be cut, the car is in perfect shape, we can't have that.

qOzEz2s.jpg

The Chihuahua has blessed these tires
VMHEF3E.jpg

This week when it warms up I'll paint the wheels bronze.

Back