• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Chuck's '78 264GLE - "The Black One" (Or, Delores's older sister)

Dang dude. You have a Turbo Coupe too? I loved my '86 for the couple months I had it. I'm pretty busy with keeping my own fleet on it's wheels, but I'd be happy to lend a hand if you need it! Indy isn't far from me.

Any progress to be had?

Hey! How's Delores doing?

Been pretty minimal progress this past year. Worked more on getting things a little better organized and dealing with other project (manual swap in my 850 and other house stuff).

I did "recently" get the car up on a chassis dolly to now I can blow all of the suspension, etc off of the car and still be able to move it around as needed.
Picked up an inexpensive Eastwood unit and modified it a bit.

dolly_2.jpg

dolly_1.jpg

I did get started on tearing into the B5254T engine that's going in it and did wind up sourcing a set of quad rounds for it.

I have a pretty decent plan for it, and now just need to start working on it.

Dang dude. You have a Turbo Coupe too? I loved my '86 for the couple months I had it. I'm pretty busy with keeping my own fleet on it's wheels, but I'd be happy to lend a hand if you need it! Indy isn't far from me.

Yeah, I've had the TBird for 25 years now. It didn't start life as a 2.3T car, but it's been that way now for over half the time I've had it. Finished a bunch of refresh work last season to update some stuff and now just waiting for the roads to clear again after the winter.

My main issue is time. We have 5 cars here and 2 small children (and I have other hobbies that eat time too), I've been pushing this to the front of my mind recently, so wrenches will start turning soon. :)

Back