• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

740 740 Turbo Intercooler Engine

gasper

Hello,
I recently bought a 1984 740 Turbo Intercooler, and now I'm kinda having trouble with identifying the engine. All the paperwork says that engine should be B19ET (engine made for Italian market, from where the car was imported). So I looked under intake manifold for engine number, and it says B200FT 6821134 05263. I searched about this engine on the web, and it should be LH Jetronic 2.2, but my car has the Bosch Motronic.

So I guess there is a possibility that code on the block is B200ET (because of Motronic), but the block is very rusty so you really can't tell if it says E or F :/

Is there any chance that the block is actually B200FT, but with Motronic instead of LH2.2?

Your help would be much appreciated!

If it was sold in Italy and it's a 1984 Turbo, it can only be a B19ET, at least on paper.

If the VIN number (on the plate in the engine compartment) is XXYYYY26YXYYYYYYY, it originally came with the B19ET.
The number 26 stands for that exact engine in the VIN number.

The B2xx engines started in 1985 as far as I know, so either someone swapped the engine later or it was a very late 84 car and Volvo already started putting a B2xx engine in it, but I don't think that happened (although Volvo did a lot of weird things over the years).

ET engines came with Motronic from what I know.

These cars are already older. It is a very real possibility that the engine (block only) has been swapped at some point in it's existence. Maybe they installed a newer B200FT-block? And just hooked up the existing Motronic setup?

Thank you for your help. So if the block is B200FT and the Motronic setup is from B200ET, that means that both these block are actually the same - just different fuel system? The water pump and other parts should fit both blocks? Already ordered some parts for B200ET, I hope it will fit.

B200et and b200ft will be the same block, et just means the engine came with motronic and a turbo and FT means it came with lh2.2/2.4 and a turbo. Otherwise blocks should be mostly identical, maybe minor internal differences

Edit: there may be a couple spots on an FT block drilled and tapped for sensors that won’t be there on an ET block but idk motronic so I couldn’t tell you what would and wouldn’t be present

Last edited:
Back