• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Cd009 shifter relocation in a 240

dannyman742

Just wondering if anyone has pictures of the autosports engineering top mount cd009 shifter in a 240. About to do the swap and curious how it fits. Thanks again!

All I can talk about is the CBF top mount.

Which took about 4 months to arrive and is a bit wiggly and every time I drive the superdupernice 6 speed manual in my Miata it just pisses me off that the Volvo shifter isn't as nice.

All I can talk about is the CBF top mount.

Which took about 4 months to arrive and is a bit wiggly and every time I drive the superdupernice 6 speed manual in my Miata it just pisses me off that the Volvo shifter isn't as nice.

What do you mean the volvo shifter isnt as nice?

The CBF top mount shifter on the CD009 transmission in my Volvo 240 is a bit wiggly and imprecise, and with 6 gears and a reverse crammed into a pretty small area (short throw, short lever) a little wiggle is a bigger problem.

And when I drive the super duper nice feeling 6 speed in my Miata, it just pisses me off even more that the CBF shifter isn't as nice.

The CBF top mount shifter on the CD009 transmission in my Volvo 240 is a bit wiggly and imprecise, and with 6 gears and a reverse crammed into a pretty small area (short throw, short lever) a little wiggle is a bigger problem.

And when I drive the super duper nice feeling 6 speed in my Miata, it just pisses me off even more that the CBF shifter isn't as nice.

Oh i see, got any pictures of the cbf set up? Ie shifter location in car?

It's all still on Photobucket, so links instead of pics.

Here's how the trans sat in my car (it's behind an LS motor, so where it sits on yours could certainly be different). But if anything, my motor is scooted forward a bit from where a redblock would probably be, so rear mount, even really short, probably isn't going to happen without chopping out the back part of the tunnel.
https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/n535/johnmc5/.highres/IMG_20180423_182429_zpsw3cgc4qv.jpg

And how the CBF shifter sits on the trans, replacing that top cover. Note how it is offset a bit to the driver side. The trans fits really snugly in the tunnel, you don't have much of a choice in side to side positioning. So in my case, I had to chop out a semi-circle to the front and left of the original shifter hole.
https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/n535/johnmc5/.highres/IMG_20180823_190303_zpsxydxqhuc.jpg

To correct for the shifter being a bit far forward and a bit to the left, I used an offset on the shifter (sold by CBF), but with the shift lever sitting off to the side like that, it just magnifies any rotational slop in the shifter pivot. And the way the CBF is made, there's enough of that.

Back