• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Orange 75 242 V8 Swap

The estate sale started on Friday, and I was stuck at work. So my wife got there at 9am sharp, brutally beat the dude up on the price, and then pushed it out front for the tow truck:

[URL=http://s255.photobucket.com/user/LOW145/media/1975%20Orange%20242/IMG_4871.jpg.html]

[URL=http://s255.photobucket.com/user/LOW145/media/1975%20Orange%20242/IMG_4685.jpg.html]

IMG_4682.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited:
I was wondering when a project thread was going to pop up for this car. Awesome rescue! The seller thought DL was for Diesel? I'm sure you got an absolutely smoking deal.

Whats this about a V8?

The first victim, a 1988 244 parts car.
The PO had gutted the whole interior, but the rest was in great shape. It was a hoot to drive 100 miles to Modesto, where I ripped it apart in my dad's backyard. I bought it for the front strut and brake assemblies, cross members, rear end, gas tank, and several other miscellaneous tidbits. After the engine, trans, and lights were sold I made a few hundred bucks to go towards the V8 swap. Some of its parts also made their way into my white 242 daily driver, and a couple of friends' cars. Great deal, overall.

I wish I'd kept those hood hinges, and the steering column. Oh well, onto the rest of the project.

Stopped by my dad's place, where he's been working on the 242.

Gathering parts, and making room for them.

6.0L LQ4 - staying all stock, aside from the LS1 intake, and that's only for flathood clearance.

77Volvo245's mounts

Hookers and the other half of 77Volvo245's mounts.

Out with the Dana 30 Auto, in with the Ford 8.8

SVT diff cover. (I've been told this will interfere with the panhard bar...)

Engine's out, and sold to some weirdo bearded hipster kid from up north.

What's up with this cast iron rack? Considering swapping to the rack from the '88 parts car.

Haven't washed it yet, but this car is so incredibly clean. I love it.

Have some parts to get rid of soon:

stock truck manifold.

stock manifolds and motor mounts.

There she sits, waiting for the next round.

Should be good for a few laughs.

Back