• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

How does the vaccine work on the heater valve. ?92 745 Turbo

mr brick driver

I have a 1992 745 Turbo. I went to NAPA to find an all metal replacement. The employee helping me asked if vacuum oped or shut the valve. I do not know. Do you know? Thanks.

Not sure how a vaccine would work on a heater valve, I think there are little to no studies out there yet.

What I am pretty sure about is that the vacuum shuts the valve, so they are open by default.

Motorcraft YG136 is the valve people have used from what I've read.

Not sure how a vaccine would work on a heater valve, I think there are little to no studies out there yet.

What I am pretty sure about is that the vacuum shuts the valve, so they are open by default.

Motorcraft YG136 is the valve people have used from what I've read.

Yep this is the one that I've used in the past. Works great.

The valve is normally wide open.
The valve closes under vacuum, usually only when the system is set to "maximum cooling".

This simply blocks coolant flow through the heater core, and (some say) disrupts the flow through the rear cylinders, possibly making them run too hot.

Common options seem to be:

The stock half-metal style that tends to break off one nipple:

uc

The all-plastic version:

PS_87437896_Fro__ra_p.jpg

The all-plastic "flying saucer style with no external shaft to leak:

74612LSID__ra_p.jpg

The mentioned YG136 version, that looks half-plastic, but may have an all-metal
version:

$_1.JPG

The all-matal AC Delco 15-5320:

s-l600.jpg

And of course, the GM 660-1357 bypass style, that "short-circuits" the flow and sends it back, instead of just cutting it off:

http://turbobricks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246617

rps20130314_203819_614.jpg

Last edited:
Back