• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Fog or driving light recomendations for Amazon

spock345

I am thinking of adding some fog lights or driving lights to my amazon while I re-organize some of the wiring (thinking about a separate small fuse box to handle the radio, auxiliary gauges, phone charger, etc). Any suggestions on what lights to fit it with? What is a good option these days for a round fog or driving light that looks roughly period correct?

s-l500.jpg

Hella FF700 are nice and big like the old lights they used on the 123GT cars. The slightly smaller but still cool Hella 500 lights are good, too. If you want to go high line Cibie and Bosch both make large lights but you'll pay a lot more for a good set of them. I like the Bosch Touring lights. Touring lights are classified as auxiliary headlights and are legal to use all the time with your low beams.

Last edited:
I ended up picking up a set of Hella 500 driving lights. Easier to find than a period correct option and seem like reasonable quality. Tempted to paint the black cases silver to make them match the car a bit better.

I put a pair of Hella 500 fog lights on my 1961 Mk1 MG Midget, I made a custom bumper bar for them. It has a period correct look/ rally car now. They were not that expensive and look great.

500FF Yellow "Fogs", 700FF Clear "Driving".

Separate piggy back fuse box and relays.

I rather like the auxiliary fuse box idea. I'll probably be adding one at least to the interior so I can have a fuse on the radio and such. I've really got to go through my wiring this weekend and sort it all out.

What sort of a switch situation do you have set up for controlling all that?

Yellow lights were required in France. If you had clear lights it would piss off the locals/police. I have my aunts 1960 S2 Bentley that came with a RAC membership [1960]. They picked it up at Crewe Bentley England . Her and my uncle{doctor} drove it around Europe. In the glove box was the RAC folder,in it were 2 thin paper yellow covers for the head lights,for use in France.

I have since changed the arrangement but it gives you the idea, the panel is just some aluminum angle that I polished. It's now arrange Switch/Light/Switch/Light, both lights are green light the dash illumination.

I put an original overdrive switch on my column and the red light on the dash that used to be on this panel.

Disclaimer: This panel works well for me with the factory short shifter, I don't know if there is interference with the long throw shifter or not.

I have since changed the arrangement but it gives you the idea, the panel is just some aluminum angle that I polished. It's now arrange Switch/Light/Switch/Light, both lights are green light the dash illumination.

I put an original overdrive switch on my column and the red light on the dash that used to be on this panel.

Disclaimer: This panel works well for me with the factory short shifter, I don't know if there is interference with the long throw shifter or not.

I've already got a gauge pod down there a bit to the right of your switches with the long throw shifter. It clears OK.

Back