• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Replacement seat options

LeedomtoFreedom

Hi guys just curious at what seat options you've chosen for 240 front seats. Not looking for bucket seats just something with more bolstering and some better heated seat functions. Probably a manual seat too.

Also, my interior is blue

I've checked for BMW seats and some others but nothing's caught my eye

Have used BMW e30 seats and Toyota Solara seats

I've done the seat swap twice so far on 240's.

First swap was from a mid 1980's BMW 325 (4 door sedan). These were the comfort seats, not the much more desirable Recaros. Had to remove the BMW rails and do a bit of fabrication, but not too much. But this was for a 242, so the fact that the seats didn't flip forward made it less than ideal.

Most recently picked up a set of black fabric manual seats from a 2004 Toyota Solara Coupe. Better bolstering than the BMW sets. And most importantly, they flip forward, so I now have access to the back seat.

Removing the Toyota rails took a bit of work, but if you have an angle grinder, you can do it easily. They look pretty good and are comfortable. And the likelihood of finding Toyota's in any pick and pull is pretty high.

S40/c30 seats look pretty good in a 240. I have a friend with black leather s40 seats in his 242. C30 seats could fold forward tho. They are also easy to find for cheap.

S40/c30 seats look pretty good in a 240. I have a friend with black leather s40 seats in his 242. C30 seats could fold forward tho. They are also easy to find for cheap.

Folding forward is actually an awesome thought. For the passenger seat. Not so much for the driver. I think I'm going to check this out.

I have Homer's old V50 seats in my daily 244 and they're perfect for daily use. The passenger side one has 2 levers at the bottom that let you fold it forward for cargo, etc. I didn't make the brackets but they look fairly simple to make. The power/memory functions also work with just a power and ground wire run to each seat.

I put Tiburon seats in my car years ago.

FsmeV.jpg

Just recently upgraded to more period-correct VW Recaros.

3Nrf9Boh.jpg

I also have blue interior, but decided that black cloth seats would match the dash and trim. I used '09 Mitsubishi Lancer manual heated seats. I gutted the stock volvo rails an welded the bottom track pieces to the Lancer rails to allow them to be easily swapped out again later if needed. For the back bench I picked up some late 240 charcoal skins and dyed them black with a bucket of fabric dye to match.

There was a guy on FB or IG or both who had MKV GTI seats in his 240. Apparently it wasn't that hard to make fit and the plaid looked most excellent. Those seats are insanely comfy and supportive too. The MKVI Golf had the same bolsters but with a charcoal center instead of the plaid.

Back