• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1994 940 +t Opinions

Rat Dangerous

I have a perfect condition 1994 940 NA Auto. I want this to be a forever car and obviously want to +t and manual swap it as either option is impossible to find in Ontario.

I have a friend willing to part all +t parts from a LH2.4 b230ft for 500 bucks and curious to hear peoples experiences.

I also have a friend sitting on an extra T5 WC transmission that he is willing to gift me, so I want to hear all the opinions on whether I should keep this thing stock or go full balls to the wall turbo brick.

1. Do it. $500 seems reasonable for all of the +T swap parts you'd need.

2. any manual transmission swap (aside from m46) is going to cost about $1000 give or take.

3. How long do you want to keep the car?

I am about to hit 100k original miles and the car has never seen winter or salt (American import). This is my fun summer car that I daily until winter and I wanna be able to put a ton of kilometers on it which is why I have thoughts against a manual swap (4.10 rear end).

Gregory HATED turbos lol

To me I kinda see both sides on one hand it’s so nice as is not great to tear it all up and replace everything

But on the other hand you won’t be fighting rusty bolts and crap so you’re almost better off tearing up a nice one to make it all easy

If I were to franken up a rwd Volvo at this point tho I would want to just LS it because more power leads to more power

I doubt this helps at all lol just my mostly worthless thoughts

Gregory HATED turbos lol

To me I kinda see both sides on one hand it?s so nice as is not great to tear it all up and replace everything

But on the other hand you won?t be fighting rusty bolts and crap so you?re almost better off tearing up a nice one to make it all easy

If I were to franken up a rwd Volvo at this point tho I would want to just LS it because more power leads to more power

I doubt this helps at all lol just my mostly worthless thoughts

Yea I am keeping this all a secret from him for a reason, last time I saw him he was telling me the story about his automatic transmission swap into his manual 1988 325i convertible. Lets just say I was not happy to hear that one haha.

Any swap I do I am going to do my best possible job to restore everything as I appreciate reliability I will keep this all in mind, thanks.

Yea I am keeping this all a secret from him for a reason, last time I saw him he was telling me the story about his automatic transmission swap into his manual 1988 325i convertible. Lets just say I was not happy to hear that one haha.

Any swap I do I am going to do my best possible job to restore everything as I appreciate reliability I will keep this all in mind, thanks.

lololol the only thing he was more passionate about than his hatred for turbos was his love for early 3 series convertibles lol

I think basically as long as the car doesn?t end up on jack stands you?re good, and drunk babies makes a very good point

lololol the only thing he was more passionate about than his hatred for turbos was his love for early 3 series convertibles lol

I think basically as long as the car doesn?t end up on jack stands you?re good, and drunk babies makes a very good point

haha no way I've actually bought stuff from Gregory before too, last time I was there his buddy who's a pilot was there and he explained to me why to import cars from delaware specifically lmao

Back