• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1979 242DL - Analog Motoring

That remote oil sensor is a smart idea. But a warning, the blue elbow you have in the line is made from a thin wall aluminium. They fracture really easily, which would be a very bad thing to happen. Probably okay for a 2 hour formula 1 race, but I've had them snap off in my hand before and vowed never to use them again.

You can get steel versions or a better design made from a solid lump without the thin tube.

PS: nice car.

Thanks for the tip.

Something like this might be a good alternative:
s-l500.jpg

Fragola 604604

Or something like this. Only reason I used the braided AN hose is b/c I had it left over from a previous project.
4503-2T.jpg

Last edited:
If I remote mount senders, I just use pre-made sections of -3 (dash 3) steel braided brake line and steel JIC fittings. About $20 in parts from the local hose shop.

Glad those gauges are getting used for something!
:cheers:
Yep, definitely steel fittings(but great idea). Aluminum fittings work better elsewhere.

If I remote mount senders, I just use pre-made sections of -3 (dash 3) steel braided brake line and steel JIC fittings. About $20 in parts from the local hose shop.
Thanks for the input. I'll probably re-do it with steel fittings for a better long-term solution.

One concern for the remote oil sender: your wires will be vibrating with the engine, and your sender anchor point for those wires is stationary. Knowing how these bangers vibrate, that doesn't look like a solution that will survive long term. Is there any way to built a support for the wires that you show cantilevered out thru space? Pretty work, just caused my Engineering spider sense to tingle.......

One concern for the remote oil sender: your wires will be vibrating with the engine, and your sender anchor point for those wires is stationary. Knowing how these bangers vibrate, that doesn't look like a solution that will survive long term. Is there any way to built a support for the wires that you show cantilevered out thru space? Pretty work, just caused my Engineering spider sense to tingle.......

Fair point. IMO there is enough slack in the two wires to absorb some engine vibration. Something to keep my eye on I guess :e-shrug:.

Just imagine what adding ~ 6psi would do for it. Sounds like the little B21 is happy with that airflow.... valve shrouding be damned!

Yea would be a hoot for sure.

I'd like to turn it into a "B204GT" clone, but fitting the turbo + manifold + downpipe in a 240 is a challenge without getting out the sledgehammer or sourcing rare parts.

It can be done of course...Exhibit A:
http://www.forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=110658
318495-3691211.jpg

Back