• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1979 242GT resurrection, with more Corvette and Mustang II. Purist look away.

Texas240

Prius Owner
300+ Club
Holding this spot when I can get away from being a dad and allowed into the shop for more than a few hours between furniture projects.

But

But

But

But....... It involves a 2016 L83 motor with 35K on the clock, Mustang II front suspension, 2001 Corvette rear assembly w/ torque tube, 4l60e trans, Willwood Brakes all around, Holley Terminator X Max.

I'll throw some photos up at some point but here's a little teaser of the disaster I got myself into.

Find a PV shell and shove those parts in it!

(then watch the PV shell twist itself up lol)

Mustang II cross member came in today and I decided to pull out the mounts for the C5 rear assembly to see how much of the frame I'll have to slice and dice.

2016 L83... Direct injection, variable cam timing, 4 cylinder deactivation, oil pressure control solenoid.

That chromeless trim is so beautiful, my god.

Are the paint matched single round surrounds standard on a GT?

I have no idea. I?m going to all black GT stuff since I can?t find a silver grill in a reasonable price range. I have the black GT grill.

QUOTE=philski o'flood;6268531]wow. that's not too bad for 5 years with no sunscreen. where in the world did you find it[/QUOTE]

North Texas. Car has been painted 3 times over.

Looking forward to pics of the 'slice&dice" process, mostly for the rear end fit & align, seen plenty of motor shoe-horns :)

That silver grill could be repaired if you had a scrap grille to get the sections out of. Understood if you prefer the black front end treatment, silver version is the appropriate version for GT though.

Looking forward to pics of the 'slice&dice" process, mostly for the rear end fit & align, seen plenty of motor shoe-horns :)

That silver grill could be repaired if you had a scrap grille to get the sections out of. Understood if you prefer the black front end treatment, silver version is the appropriate version for GT though.

I would prefer the silver but I don't have the patience to fix this one. I'm also going with black theme on some stuff and the price was right on the black GT grill. When I get back family vacation I'll be hitting hard for a few weekends to get the drive train and running gears in place.

Back