• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

new intake questions

90volvo

First want to show off my new intake from Viking Fabrications. From what Ive read on this style of intake it should work pretty well. Its different design than any other ones I have seen or used. Like to know everyone's thoughts on this type of design. But my main question ? I need to know what kind of FPR to run with this intake. I have an aftermarket fuel log that will work. Im assuming a return fuel style fpr with work. Does anybody have a part number or brand? Thanks for looking, link to pics are below.

https://i.imgur.com/Bew6XbY.jpg

It definitely is a more ideal manifold. Moving the the throttle body to the end on plenum will work better. How much did manifold cost?

Found more pictures.

227118293_123690039977169_3749752176752454673_n.jpg

227684174_123690069977166_4525725982272743730_n.jpg

226191539_123690123310494_6182119061011719581_n.jpg

I'd like to see a better picture of the plenum area. But it sure has a nice large throttle body.

I cant remember the exact cost but wasnt to bad or not much difference from other Kjet intakes that have been converted. The distribution should be pretty even across the cylinders. The quality of the fabrication and welding is top quality. He also built me a turbo up pipe that connects to 90 plus manifold. Ill post pics of it soon. But back to my question of fuel pressure regulator. Any body have any part numbers. I really dont want to bolt a stock fuel rail to this piece. Anyways thanks

Very cool, cant wait to see it in your ride. I like the tapered shape from the top view looks very clean.

I currently running a Klracing intake which is huge, but works great. I waited on this for long time, this guy builds them on his spare time. Curious to see and feel the difference. I think with this one Ill have alot more lowerend power.

I've seen these before and they look good as the dual plenum is supposed to work well.
I have the alternator over air con pump arrangement on that side of the engine and was worried that the inlet to the manifold would be pointing at the back of the alternator.
Let me know how it fits.
Tim

cool manifold!
would be great to see some sort of comparison between the two...acceleration run with a phone app before/after??

now Thats an idea. Do you know of a good app? I thought about a stop watch deal but would have human error. Nearest chassis dyno is 3 hours away and last I talked to them, I didnt feel to confident in them allowing me to make changes. But back to the intake, the dual plenum supposes work really well. I currently have an AW71 with no stall.
Engine
B230ft'
H beam rods
Stage 3 cam
530head bigger valves-ported
3 inch ex.
20g turbo (plan to move up soon)
planning a T5 swap

Back