• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Totally boring old station wagon project

Did the trailing arm bushings yesterday. Fffffuuuuu......
I kinda killed the bolt and nut for the tool, and didn't get the bushings all the way in, so now my rear sway bar doesn't fit.
But I drove it to work this morning, and it's so much better with those two new bushings!

I just have to get a new bolt and do it again.:roll:

dance-jam-prank-hump-humping-gif-17079841.gif

:lol: cool gif

old lites.jpg

New headlights!
new lites.jpg

Also, work is progressing on the new engine.
The block is machined and in the stand, assembled with a stock crank, long H-beam rods, and short flat-top pistons.

I just spent a few hours with the gauge cluster. Swapped in a tachometer, and did the Temp Faker bypass. It actually says "Temp Faker" on the gauge face! What?!
I have a working temp gauge and a working tachometer now! But no dash clock anymore. And the odometer still doesn't work, but now at least I know where the gear is and how many teeth it should have!

Also, I picked up some new tires and wheels. My toe-in was outta whack since I replace the tie-rods the other week, so I didn't get them on the car yet because I wanted to do a rough toe setting first.
So I went home and did that with a tape measure. And then the fill plug on my jack broke off, so I didn't put the wheels on.

After I fix the jack and put the dashboard back together, I'll put up some more pictures.

Also, the previous owner told me this car's name is Vincent.
Something about the color reminding her of "Starry Night".

Oh hey guys!
I've been busy the past few weeks.
-Put the stock rear springs back on and finished pressing the TABs in so the rear sway bar can fit again.
-Swapped out the front struts for some boring Sachs dampers. Apparently, inverted struts need a drain hole or something because mine were FULL OF WATER. *facepalm*
-Put in a new heater valve and heater fan.
-Rebuilt the front seats with covers and foams from Swedish Car Parts.
-Deleted the leaky roof rack and reinstalled a hitch receiver.

And I have some turbo sway bars and a Thule roof rack to install.

Meanwhile, over at JVAB World HQ, there's a batch of T5's getting rebuilt, and one of them has my name on it.

I'll post pics as soon as I can figure out how to use the new Google Sites.

You have no fear! I subscribed and look forward to hearing more about the engine and drivetrain upgrades in the future. And very weird about the water in your Bilsteins as normally you don't do anything special to run them. Regarding the rear Bilstein HDs for off the shelf 240s, they're typically sufficiently damped for a stock 240 sedan rear spring, but not much more. John can set you up with something better, I assume, when wanted!

Regarding the brakes, stock 240 brakes with Volvo pads do pretty well in race cars, actually! They do well on the track, but once we got to around 175hp+ or so in our 142, the rears wouldn't make it 7hrs before going down to metal at some tracks. We were using 240 calipers up front with the larger 164 rotors that are becoming very scarce. Now we have race pads in the rear and Wilwood calipers up front.

Sounds like the all-too familiar juggle act between keeping the car from falling apart and upgrading it :D Quite nice project though, good substantial goals but nothing too ambitious.

Back