• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1984 240tic BRAKE UPGRADE HELP

TheVolbro

The Collector
Okay, so I?m currently running stock non-abs brakes on my 242 and the brake failure dummy light came on the other day.
I investigated and found fluid leaking from my brake junction which was replaced not long ago.

Here?s my question:
My front calipers have 2 hard lines running to them. I?ve been thinking about upgrading to the Brembo medium brakes offered from BNE Dynamics. Those Brembo brake calipers run a single hard line? what do I need to do for proper installation and function on my 242? Do I need a different brake junction or do I plug two of the line ports and if it?s the latter then which ports do I plug? Do I need a different brake master cylinder?

I?ve read a lot on the internet about this and seen mixed info about different size pistons and unequal pressures in stock junctions with plugged lines so I?m looking to be educated before pulling the trigger on the new parts. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 5155F47C-8919-45A8-8048-4FC9D6F6FD04.jpg
    5155F47C-8919-45A8-8048-4FC9D6F6FD04.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 110
I recently added the Ben's medium brake upgrade to my 242 last December.

If you buy Ben's brake lines it comes with the plugs you need.

https://www.bneshop.com/collections/240/products/240-medium-brake-ss-brake-line-kit

I referenced the link that Marv posted on which ports to block off.

I am still running the stock rear brakes so I would say the front is slightly more biased then before however it feel to have more initial bite then my stock brakes did.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

My brake upgrade consisted of going to stainless braided brake lines and using crossdrilled rotors with the ATE blue fluid. When I used sport EBC green pads the braking was fantastic. Now I just use PBR brake pads and the braking is greatly improved over stock. This is all for street use. I'm on my third set of rotors on my cars and have never had an issue using cross drilled rotors. Been using this setup for over 15 years.

The EBC green pads gave great braking but the service life was only about 12k miles for me. The PBR pads last about double that. The improved braking is worth the shorter service life for pads.

Awesome. Thanks fellas, this is all very helpful info!

I have a set of front and rear StopTech rotors (drilled and slotted) that I bought to use with the stock calipers on my 1993 940 Turbo. Are those the same rotors that would go with the medium brake kit or do I need to purchase different rotors for use on my 242?

Back