• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1971 145 Express Competition Service Rally Car Restoration Project

Subscribed.

Just the fact that you saved it from the crusher is great, and we're in no position to coach you or make demands (lol) but my 2 cents... Since you have where to keep it, take as long as you need, but restore the original body. Only that body is real peace of 145 Express rally history...

Subscribed.

Just the fact that you saved it from the crusher is great, and we're in no position to coach you or make demands (lol) but my 2 cents... Since you have where to keep it, take as long as you need, but restore the original body. Only that body is real peace of 145 Express rally history...

Where is the like button?

Been a while since I've updated the thread. Life and various things have been in the way.

But late last fall this arrived:

It's a 1973 145 Express! So that makes 2. This one has been sitting in a farmer's field in Maine for about 20 years. So sadly, I have 2 rusted out Express now! Hopefully one solid Express will emerge from these two. Check out the missing floor on this one!

This one was rescued from a barn fire in Vermont sometime in the 1990s. Apparently a Swede brought it over while he was studying at University in Burlington and he lived out of it. As you can see now, the only creatures living in it have been chipmunks and snakes.

Still, the roof on this one is miraculously in excellent condition overall with minimal rust. The tailgate is also there along with a handful of Express-specific parts that will aid in the restoration of the Rally car.

Other acquisitions for the project include a Competition Service air cleaner kit with solex carbs and the various associated parts.

I also recently expanded my network of associates capable of metal fabrication and body work.... So stay tuned!

Last edited:
Two of them!? Awsome!

You know, these cars are quite rare, even in Sweden.

So, when will you start working on them for real?

As soon as possible. Which isn't any time soon. Life is in the way right now. Hope to start picking away at it again this summer.

Can't believe photobucket ruined my thread ... I'm not paying a $400 ransom, so pics will be gone for the foreseeable future. I will do my best to reconstruct over time.

You can download entire albums from PB, and then work on uploading them somewhere else.

And then fix all the links.

Oy vey.

Yeah, I'm downloading all the albums I want to keep and deleting the rest and closing my account there. Never to return. Good luck to them.

Can't believe photobucket ruined my thread ... I'm not paying a $400 ransom, so pics will be gone for the foreseeable future. I will do my best to reconstruct over time.

Just think, this is happening on every forum everywhere.

flickr works. Up to 1TB free. Use AdBlock Plus or whichever ad blocker you like to block Yahoo's/Verizon's ads. They do prefer that people provide a clickable image to the image page on their site, and don't condone using their site to sell stuff, but...

-J

Bring back this car/thread!

28306082599_c62fbe5035.jpg
[/url]vh by princessoireland, on Flickr[/IMG]

Back