• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Mountainmeet 2021: The Return 9/22-9/26/2021 (Wednesday-Sunday)

We had a great drive down the blue ridge to the closure at roanoke. Stopped for food, stopped on 81 for at least a half hour due to an accident. 15 hrs on the road, then got to see so many beautiful friends.
We have stuff to do, and were under-prepared in terms of car-camping (245 next year), blankets, and warm Stacey clothes.
We split off from the drive on those amazing roads, hit Asheville, ate, did a 9 mile hike.
Pics. https://pbase.com/mperry/20210924_mountain_meet

171995436.jpg

Arrived home about 3:30pm today. I have to say, this weekend was great and I look forward to next year. The 744 will be ready by then. Unless of course I break it again lol.
Here are a few of the pics I have from the weekend. More to come.

Attachments

• IMG_9652.JPG
    IMG_9652.JPG
    140.6 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_9674.JPG
    IMG_9674.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 633
  • IMG_9699.JPG
    IMG_9699.JPG
    130.9 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_9698.JPG
    IMG_9698.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_9720.JPG
    IMG_9720.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 139
I have these to who ever I was delivering them for. Lol

Anyone from the Charlotte area able & willing to haul a pair of 240 headlights back with them, and allow them to be picked up by someone who wants to buy them from me?

They'll be in that box ....
171983823.jpg

I'll bring them regardless, assume I can persuade someone with beer :cheers:

Unpacked, started laundry, took a shower... Went out for a salad for dinner to try and counter act the MM meats lol

good times

I really have to thank all y'all for chipping in on everything this year. This was the smoothest year yet for meal prep, cooking, and cleanup, and we were done cleaning the lodge at 10am. That's a record, and we've about got this down to a science at this point.

Kenny running point on the bbq, Matt with some of the best bbq chicken I've ever put in my face hole, TequilaMark with the bomb-ass ribs and sous vide creations, MrBill on the mac and cheese, James the grits master, Sarah and Dana on cleanup, the list goes on and on and on. Bayleigh and I might host this meet, but it really takes a village. I'm glad we've got such an awesome crew that we can keep doing this year after year.

Y'all are great. I'm looking forward to 2022 already.

Dt87AQ8h.jpg

We made it home too!

PFP. Let's see that lovely trailer.

me, upon seeing "high" mounted 4-way-flashers blink on the shoulder: is that a volvo?

bne: yup, I think so.

(we get closer, see it's a V70)

me: Is that Scotty?

bne, whips head right as we pass by: it is! (just as I see the rimz)

:lol:

Let me know as soon as you have the dates for Mountain Meet '22 and I will put in the request off as soon as I have them

How Sunday started (granted, the starter died on Saturday so I had to keep it running):
YxtAjWvh.jpeg

Then the driver side rear wheel bearing got noisy and a bit loose in Tennessee. No way it was going to limp home another 350 miles.
So the Miata finished the trip with the ride of shame.
JvS4LUzh.jpeg

Even my piece of crap PV managed to make it back home under its own power from SE and MM meets. Come on Miata!

It was ridiculously fun to drive in the NC mountains though.

Last edited:
What a great weekend. Its amazing after all of these years the core group of Tbrickers still get together like this. The weather could not have been any better " it will be 90 in Bama on Thursday :( " The food was amazing and the work everyone did to make this happen is just legendary. Thanks Jared and Bayleigh for all of your prep work to make this thing happen so smoothly. The 2JSwede took the easy ride to and from but got some good abuse on the mountain.

Already looking forward to next year

-Sam and Sarah

The lady and I had a blast! It was great to meet those that I did, wish I made a point to get familiar with more of the unfamiliar faces. It was great meeting many of you in person finally. Internet friends for a decade and all that.

Hoping next year we'll be out in something Volvo powered.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lte6jbhEixs" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The lady and I had a blast! It was great to meet those that I did, wish I made a point to get familiar with more of the unfamiliar faces. It was great meeting many of you in person finally. Internet friends for a decade and all that.

Hoping next year we'll be out in something Volvo powered.

*snip*

I felt bad it took me like 12 hours to introduce myself to your wife! Good to hear she enjoyed it. Hope to see you both back next year.

Back