• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Today's orphan problem

RickATL

Am I the only who can NEVER see the today's orphan thread?

I've tried different computers, etc... I get nothing but a white screen.

It doesnt load anything.
Standard troubleshooting...

Just that thread, or others in the For Sale forum?

Does anything change if you click either the blue "First new post" box, the actual thread title, or one of the individual page number links?

Any adblocker-type thing running where you may have somehow blacklisted just that thread?

There's an "ignore" function for people, is there one for threads?

Are you using a PC, a Mac, a tablet, a phone, a Ouija board, the local telegraph office, someone else's WiFi.....?

Any chance you're on Santa's "naughty" list, and have been banned from that thread?

Standard troubleshooting...

Just that thread, or others in the For Sale forum?

Does anything change if you click either the blue "First new post" box, the actual thread title, or one of the individual page number links?

Any adblocker-type thing running where you may have somehow blacklisted just that thread?

There's an "ignore" function for people, is there one for threads?

Are you using a PC, a Mac, a tablet, a phone, a Ouija board, the local telegraph office, someone else's WiFi.....?

Any chance you're on Santa's "naughty" list, and have been banned from that thread?

O.K., I'm going to keep after this until it is figured out.

1. Nothing comes up at all.... just a white screen

2. It doesn't matter what computer I'm on or mobile device (makes me think it is something with my TurboBricks account) I've tried 5 different computers and 2 mobile devices.

3) It only the TODAY'S ORPHAN thread. I can see everything else. Sales, wanted, group buys, all the forum. Only TODAY's ORPHAN.

Could I be blocked from it? I don't think I even ever commented in the thread or anything.

Am I blocked? Did I block something?

I'm going to keep re posting until this is figured out.

1. Nothing comes up at all.... just a white screen

2. It doesn't matter what computer I'm on or mobile device (makes me think it is something with my TurboBricks account) I've tried 5 different computers and 2 mobile devices.

3) It only the TODAY'S ORPHAN thread. I can see everything else. Sales, wanted, group buys, all the forum. Only TODAY's ORPHAN.

Could I be blocked from it? I don't think I even ever commented in the thread or anything.

I just fired up Tor and came to the site.
The Tor circuit was Me > France > Czech Republic > Romania > here.
Even not logged in, I can read all the posts in other threads.
Going to the For Sale forum, I just get the standard message of:

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.
  2. You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  3. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Turbo-Tor.jpg

Logged on through Tor, and I can read everything, including "Tonight's Orphan".

Are your 5 computers and 2 mobiles accessing the site independently, or all from home through the same router?

UPDATE: Something or someone is blocking my access to Today's Orphan. I figured this out by creating a 2nd user account. As soon as I logged in I was able to see the thread fine? MODS????? ADMIN??????

I think I figured out what happened. The same thing happened to me when I changed the display mode to hybrid mode. To get the orphan thread to display again I went to another thread and changed it back to linear mode.

Orphan thread must be in linear mode?

I think you may be right. I tried it and it worked for me also. I wonder why the orphan thread only displays in linear mode? I am almost always in hybrid mode, and that must be why I had the problem.

I think I figured out what happened. The same thing happened to me when I changed the display mode to hybrid mode. To get the orphan thread to display again I went to another thread and changed it back to linear mode.

I think you may be right. I tried it and it worked for me also. I wonder why the orphan thread only displays in linear mode? I am almost always in hybrid mode, and that must be why I had the problem.

Probably some really weird browser cache going on I bet. Did you try a different browser? Did you try Private Mode? etc? Also make sure you're going to https://forums.turbobricks.com/

Back