• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Project szhitbrick

Dvroofer

I’m new to the board. 2 years ago I bought a 1991 240 wagon b230f for my son. As i have some experience with Chevys in the past, i quickly learned they are not the same. We talked the owner down to 800$ because it had been sitting. I attempted to get it to stage 0. After driving it home we ordered a tuned up kit(IPD), motor mounts (shot out), new red water pipe( cracked ), new drive shaft support (busted), fuel pump- in tank and in line. Wire set and plugs, air filter, thermostat, some hoses that needed replaced and 2 racing seats.
a>

a>

a>

I also had a hood latch incident that resulted in a new hood and windshied
a>

I Changed the oil and fired her up. Lots of smoke but ran.... barely. I quickly got intimate with various fuel codes. I really wish I had started this post back then and maybe I would have avoided the headaches of buying autozone/ eBay parts. That being said I bought a autozone MAF (duralast), o2 sensor and some yellow top eBay injectors.
a>

This solved some problems but pretty much at the same time I noticed leaks out of the freeze plugs .
I replaced the plugs but was still experiencing overheating. It had been 3 months without him being able to reliably drive the Volvo so my son scored a little truck to dd. He also scored a job in Big Bear so he took off on me leaving the 240.
I ended up replacing the entire pcv system including the canister all hoses flame trap kit. I also replaced the idle control vale and the Ignition control module and fuel relay. I kept having issues with the Maf and found a faulty heater valve for the hot air flap. Replaced it via (ipd). Next issue was a leaking radiator at the hose connection. Someone had cut it so close the hose clamp barely caught.
I read it might be a good idea to also replace the fpr. So in my trip to the local salvage yard down here in Long Beach I found a new fpr and a decent radiator I grabbed a front bumper and rear bumper along with a air dam.Not knowing anything I grabbed a 3bar.
I put it on and the Volvo had a little more life in her but was hesitant had a rough idle and still threw codes. I decided to address to sound of rocks in my exhaust
And found a crumbled pile of junk in my cat. Ordered a new magnaflow high flow bolt on.
At this point she’s running good but overheating.
a>

a>

After hours of scratching my head looking i decided the head gasket must be fried. So i pull the head and what I find is a tiny little freeze plug with a whole in it directly over the front of the block leaking. I figure out the size and cant find it anywhere online. I finally do have it ordered and while I’m at the junkyard I decide to just pull a b230ft head with a t cam already installed. At this point I also started paying attention to the forum so please excuse that i skipped a couple steps.I cleaned up the intake and port match the head I installled the new head and it was a different car.
a>
a>

a>

a>

a>

So it was running decent besides the throttle response so I decided to start with the suspension and get rid of the rattling torque rods. I replaced everything . Koni adjustable struts in front Billstein in the rear sport coils all the way around , pan hard bar, 25mm anti sway bars, chassis braces,strut reinforcement plates, aluminum skid plate all IPD except the struts. Also got some silicone hoses and blue hose clamps.
a>
a>
a>

a>

60718-E5-A-B464-4-DA4-B099-FF71-F86-D9-FBF.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
i still have an acceleration issue from stop. It stumbles on its face then picks up. I have ordered the IPD turbo cam with adjustable gear and am waiting to see if I didn’t adjust correctly for the t cam. Resetting my timing correctly with the sts plate will help. Assume I’m a toothe off somewhereI’m still getting a fuel code of 113 bad injector. My injectors measure 16 ohm all the way across. I have came across other posts about the yellow tops having this issue any help would be appreciated. I do have a set of greens with a resistor pack but have not found the proper info on wiring it.
I have currently found turbo donor parts from a 1989 donor car and an extra ezk to send in for core on my ms3 from Linuxman. still trying to source a turbo ecu. Again Im new here and learning as I go any words of wisdom or pushes in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Heres my only other project ever. very proud
a>
a>

Last edited:
I'm not super experienced, but why the turbo cam over the vx cam for a b230f? I put a vx in my 1986 240 m46 and it revved much happier. After messing around with the adjustable timing gear I put back on the stock timing gear.

I'm not super experienced, but why the turbo cam over the vx cam for a b230f? I put a vx in my 1986 240 m46 and it revved much happier. After messing around with the adjustable timing gear I put back on the stock timing gear.

Buy the time I had come around to buying the cam I kinda had it in my head that I would either be eventually putting a +t on this car or eventually putting a b230ft in her. Either way I would have the cam. I plan on running it with the adjustable cam gear to see the differences if I am unhappy I will put the t cam back in. I will say the t cam over my old m cam was night and day. Thanks for the info. I will have to play around with it myself and see.

So I got the ipd turbo cam in and it’s running pretty well. Noticed a significant difference in idle and power band. Haven’t laid into it yet though .
Set the gear at 0 and wil start adjusting as soon as I change the break in oil.

I think your car has some other issue causing the acceleration problem. You should sort that out first instead of trying to cure it with a new cam and adjustable gear. A t-cam without turbo sounds really wrong in my ears.

I think your car has some other issue causing the acceleration problem. You should sort that out first instead of trying to cure it with a new cam and adjustable gear. A t-cam without turbo sounds really wrong in my ears.

I did not make my decision lightly. I did research before I bought it and installed it. The n/a motor does great with the cam
. Better acceleration that the t cam throughout the gears even with the adjustable set at 0
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=19799

I did fix my acceleration issue by clearing my return line with air. But I plan on adding the turbo I would like to upgrade to a set of green giants or some other injectors I have a resistor pack to wire in as well if needed Thanks for the feedback though.

Last edited:
I have now acquired a
td05-12b turbo
Will be ordering:
KL racing extreme exhaust manifold
Moroso block off plate
White Mitsimoto oil cooler
Earls oil relocation adapter
Oil lines and cooling lines
Set of 4 white 16v injectors
Nuke performance fuel rail
Nuke performance adjustable fuel pressure regulator

I still need to acquire the proper piping,down pipe and ezk and ecu for my build then I’ll be ready to drill the block And connect everything together. I hope...
I don’t know if I’m forgetting anything.

My ipd turbo cam in my na setup is pretty powerful compared to the m and t cam .

Last edited:
My car has been stellar for the past couple
Months. I installed the nuke rail and bought a couple set of injectors. I ended up running pink injectors with really good results. The rail installation was easy and bolted into place. I used an fittings and kept the fpr at the end of the rail and used braided 6an line to the return line.set the pressure and haven’t had to touch it since.

Next I decided on a better turbo than the td05-12b after researching a bit. I now have a much more capable turbo setup and manifold with a 3 inch down pipe v-banded and made to order by 90volvo, who has pretty much walked me through everything as I am still learning a lot. And who I cant thank enough for the help
I also have a treadstone tr8 intercooler. I bought a moroso sandwich plate and a earls oil filter relocation kit, I attached a mishimoto thermostatic plate to that to feed a mishimoto oil cooler. I have 10an black braided lines to the cooler and relocator with a 6an feed line off the relocator for the turbo supply ready for when I add the turbo. I also purchased a do88 turbo silicone and a turbo ecu and ezk that is chippable…. And a boost controller/ gauge.

I’m thinking that I’m close to being able to bolt up for boost. Still have to figure out the oil return hole , going to drill and tap the pan most likely. Last decisions are muffler type and brand. After the turbo goes in I will be starting to install the ms unit I acquired through tb. That will be another post for another time.any advice willing be valued as this whole build is only due to turbobrick members helping me out with parts,knowledge, ect.
1-F3-F79-B4-D8-A1-4775-A372-220-CA274-C7-AE.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
3-E237-F2-A-262-C-4-E0-B-9-F90-49-BE922-A6500.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
EF1-A89-D7-1980-4218-87-D3-489-D8-D8-A2091.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
2-F8-D7-AA9-0-D25-4520-AB1-E-433-EDC44-DCFB.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
B44618-E9-F4-FF-47-B7-B371-43-F1-C16272-FF.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Last edited:
Forgot to mention, I wrapped the entire car in white carbon fiber vivid xpo wrap. Will post more details on the installation but would not recommend carbon fiber for beginning wrappers. Found it liked to rip along the weave with too much tension. But I’ll elaborate another time. Still came out better than the beaten paint it had and will protect it from the salt some as I’m only a couple blocks from the ocean .
625-CD5-CF-20-C5-421-F-A123-CB9-A60-D8-C842.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

nice build car looks sharp.

Thank you, it?s been a learning process. And a lot of fun the faster I get.

So I?m ready to +T my wagon after months of help, parts sourcing and distractions. Tomorrow morning should have everything stripped down to accept the turbo setup. I?ll be relocating the oil filter,adding a oil cooler, making my lines, installing the intercooler, ecu , ezk and oil and coolant lines and gaskets. 3 inch Downpipe to straight 3 inch inch exhaust. I hope I have everything I need, pretty sure I do. Hope it goes smoothly.
C5889752-C0-A9-4-E22-8-B16-77-CC61761-EDB.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Seems like I was almost ready to turbo my car. Then I found out I’m missing elbows. In the meantime I was able to get a new wideband, boost controller, 3 inch borla muffler , trans cooler and some a alternator bracket to swap mine to the drivers side. Hopefully I’ll be able to start putting these parts on rather than looking at em. Had to pull the head today and put a new head gasket on . Looking for better radiator options to go with my new setup. Slowly getting there

I really enjoy your build. I am in the process of adding a +T to my wagon as well. I have a couple of questions as I am also new to this and unfamiliar to this. Were the pink injectors a direct swap or did you have to wire anything like a resistor pack for them. I really like your oil relocation setup and was wondering if you had custom lines made yourself or did you purchase them like that.

I really enjoy your build. I am in the process of adding a +T to my wagon as well. I have a couple of questions as I am also new to this and unfamiliar to this. Were the pink injectors a direct swap or did you have to wire anything like a resistor pack for them. I really like your oil relocation setup and was wondering if you had custom lines made yourself or did you purchase them like that.

Thanks. It’s taking longer thank I planned but it’s coming along. So the pink injectors were a direct swap running na with lh2.4 no problem, no resistor pack

I bought lines and made them. The ones I got were evil energy off Amazon. Had enough to relocate my filter add a cooler and make a oil return. The lines came with 6 fittings so I had to purchase a couple more. All for under 100$. Not bad considering individual lines are about 50$ a pop. They have a clamp to hold the fittings in a vice without damaging the finish of the fittings. That helped since I scratched the crap out of the first on I made. Pretty easy in a vice. I just taped the hose ends and used a fresh cutoff wheel on a grinder and got a super clean cut. I’m planning on running the same line just 6an back to my fuel pump. Going to run e85 so ptfe lines for fuel.
Hope this helps. Good luck with the build.

Escondido… my daughter lives off El Norte prkwy . Moneypit burgers…mmm. Let me know what you have going and I might be able to help you with some parts. Have extras, like t-cam , pink injectors, ecu, ezk, ect that I might let go of shortly. What year wagon?

Back