• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

the blue bullet build!!

hood looks great. do you want to hang out this weekend? do you need a wide flathood grille?

thanks! yeah that would be great but i'm going back to uxbridge this weekend its moms birthday.... but i should have some free time monday afternoon if your around? or tomorrow? ill text you ether way, yeah i do need a wide flathood grill you want to sell it?

I may have some parts for trade if you're interested. Maybe we can swing some sort of three-way deal with Amerbritcan for the K cam I have perched on my workbench that would work nicely in his car...

Rob

I'm all ears. This would be a perfect time to do a cam swap, though I really should get it running before I consider dumping money into performance upgrades.

what do you have and what do you want? lol

Check my post on your 242 teardown page. I have a 142 on the way from the States, and it has a slushbox, so the most important piece to me is the pedal box and rubber gear shift boot. I may also be interested in the headliner and sunroof liner, as well as the sunroof assembly, depending on how much you want for them. I also will need the c-pillar interior plates, broken or not, but I'm guessing they are probably broken, as they all break...

I'll have a look at my stash, but its mostly starters, switches, relays, handbrake consoles, grilles, glass, gauges, instrument clusters, tachometers, Ipd front bar, new front suspension bits, new brake rotors, lots of side trim in any flavour. I've got a lot of stuff that would add nicely to Amerbritcan's car, so if he has anything you want, this could all work out nicely.

Rob

Check my post on your 242 teardown page. I have a 142 on the way from the States, and it has a slushbox, so the most important piece to me is the pedal box and rubber gear shift boot. I may also be interested in the headliner and sunroof liner, as well as the sunroof assembly, depending on how much you want for them. I also will need the c-pillar interior plates, broken or not, but I'm guessing they are probably broken, as they all break...

I'll have a look at my stash, but its mostly starters, switches, relays, handbrake consoles, grilles, glass, gauges, instrument clusters, tachometers, Ipd front bar, new front suspension bits, new brake rotors, lots of side trim in any flavour. I've got a lot of stuff that would add nicely to Amerbritcan's car, so if he has anything you want, this could all work out nicely.

Rob

oh yes...... sorry.... ok well let me get myself oganized every thing is a mess right now.... that garage is too small lol i'll get back to you soon

the mess of wireing :wtf:
DSCF1746.jpg

4-flat trailer wiring harness fix FTW! Should've kept it. That's uber T-Bricker right there. Deserves its own article!

This car looking good. :) I should wont to see this with my own eyes. But that's really hard right now :D Why i wont to say "this car is little higher than original"? :)

flat hood

i put my flat hood and e-codes on today and i want to say a big thank you to rob for the grill

DSCF2094.jpg

DSCF2099.jpg

DSCF2096.jpg

and while figuring out the wireing for the H4 bulbs i got creative..... lol
DSCF2083.jpg

DSCF2085.jpg

DSCF2086.jpg

what a nice match!
DSCF2095.jpg

DSCF2093.jpg

DSCF2092.jpg

DSCF2098.jpg

i cant wait for my head lamp trims and wiper motors to come

wet sand time

DSCF2101.jpg

DSCF2105.jpg

DSCF2106.jpg

i am turning into a smirff!! :rofl:
DSCF2107.jpg

waiting for it to dry
DSCF2108.jpg

wax on
DSCF2109.jpg

wax off
DSCF2110.jpg

its not the best but it will do for now, also i do not have my buffer here with me, the buffer will make it twice as shiny

DSCF2111.jpg

DSCF2113.jpg

DSCF2116.jpg

DSCF2121.jpg

Last edited:
wet sand time

Looks good! If I may make a suggestion, you definitely need a buffer for this and and not a random orbital. A foam polishing pad and Meguiars fine cut cleaner will make it brilliant. It's actually unfortunate that you waxed it, as it will make the polishing process a bit harder. If you need help with this, let me know, as I have all the equipment. All you have to do is pick up the fine cut cleaner at CTC. Did you use 2000 grit?

Back