• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

"Barn Find" 1980 242.

It was such a nice today, and I had quite a bit of free time.

I welded the NPT bungs and throttle bracket onto the manifold. My welds look shameful compared to Nathans, out of practice for more than 1.5 years, but it got the job done.

Throttle pedal needed a little massaging to use the lokar cable.

Hooked up the oil feed and pressure sensor.

At the end of the day, there were a few more things in the engine bay.

Next up, finish all of the wiring, and plumb some sort of exhaust so I can fire it up. I need to button up the cooling system as well.

I was a little tires of looking at the stock 20g compressor cover so I got the mambatek housing and wastegate actuator. Yes, they come straight from tawain, but the quality seems great and it a lot more universal than what I had before.

I am waiting on some raw aluminum pipes to get here so I can weld on the bow flange. It's a old school blitz valve made in Japan.

I am waiting on some raw aluminum pipes to get here so I can weld on the bow flange. It's a old school blitz valve made in Japan.

That Blitz bov is going to be L-O-U-D, just a warning. I was a Blitz dealer back in the later 90's and sold quite a few of them to the import car crowd. It's a solid piece and will hold quite a bit of pressure without leaking, but be prepared for it to be VERY noticeable unless you don't vta.

Nice find, btw. I'd love to have one on hand for a future project.

-Ben

This is my 3rd Blitz valve. I didn't think they are too terribley loud, compared to a TiAL at least.

I'm also considering running synapse valve but I don't have a weld flange for it.

I haven't ever installed or ran a Tial, so I was just basing that off of the competitors back when I was selling them (hks, greddy, etc.)

Wow, hard to believe it's been almost a month since I worked on the 242. I did a b230ft swap on my 89 244 and went on vacation. Now that all that is done it's back to the grind.

Got the charge pipes fabbed up. I hope to weld them tonight.

I'm happy with the fit up. Used tight radius bends and made it fit close to the radiator hose to give more working room in the engine.

I started on modifying the cross member to work with the t5 transmission

Cut out most if middle.

I will box it in and add any additional required spacer. It looks like I might need a 1/2" spacer plate.

I decided to redo the intercooler piping. I had the engine position wrong and had extra stainless laying around.

I borrowed a friend's MIG welder to make the cross member go a little quicker. Cut out the original structure to make room and boxed that in. Then I did a test fit to figure out where the mount need to go. It turned out great and it is very strong.

Back