• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

T5 Whiteblock Short Oil Pan

TheLane

Hi all, just a quick one does any one know where I could get me hands on either a shorted 960 oil pan to fit a b5234t3 or where I could get a 960 oil pan to have shorted?

Thanks

Thanks, do you know if there is any other options for a rwd oil pan for the b5234t3 5 cylinder engine as finding a 960 oil pan is quite difficult

The 5cyl engine never came in a rwd car, and as far as I know there's not enough demand for a company to make one. You're going to have to modify a pan to fit.

That said I don't know if anyone has attempted to modify a 5cyl pan for a rwd application. Probably because shortening a rwd 6cyl pan is easier.

You can typically buy an entire non-running 960/S90 pretty cheap and that will give you quite a few parts you'll need. Because it's more than just the oil pan. You'll have to figure out how chop the middle out of the pan your self. No one sells a ready made 5 cylinder pan.

I have a non running 960 white block. I’m in Huntsville Ontario so unless it’s a pickup I expect it won’t be worth the trouble.

I have a few rwd 960/V90 oil pans available... Shipping requires a pretty big box so it may cost as much to ship as the pan is worth.

Also needed is a oil pump pick up, and water piping from six.

Hence why it's always better to buy a 500 buck non-running 960.

You get everything you need for the conversion all at once. You can sell the door handles, the chassis braces, and bellhousing (if you aren't using it) and maybe a few other things, then scrap the shell for 200 bucks. It basically pays you to do the conversion.

Back