• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

7/9 Show off your adapted wheels

Chris_R

Kickin' rocks in sandals
Post up pics of your 7/9 series with adapted wheels.

If known, post overall dimensions of the wheels and thickness of the spacers.

Tell where you got the spacers, what they cost, if there is rubbing, and if you are happy with them.

Keywords: adapters spacers fitting wheels 740 744 745 940 945 944 FWD
EDIT: I used 3-letter keywords... fml :rofl:

Last edited:
Bummer, I had a bunch of pictures but pbase deleted everything...

I had a bunch of wheels on there too...

I'll see what I can dig up, nice thread!

I would suggest this format:

Wheel Brand:
Wheel Size:
Wheel Offset:
Adapter Thickness:
Tire Size:
Rubbing:
Modifications for fitment/clearance:

Wheel Brand: volvo
Wheel Size: 17x7.5
Wheel Offset: fwd
Adapter Thickness: 30mm rear, 25mm front
Tire Size: P245/45/ZR17
Rubbing: minimal, it doesn't rub anymore since i rolled the rear lips with a baseball bat.

spacers are the el-cheapo non hubcentric thingys that were 4 for $150 shipped.

S6301758flag.jpg

Bummer, I had a bunch of pictures but pbase deleted everything...

I had a bunch of wheels on there too...

I'll see what I can dig up, nice thread!

I would suggest this format:

Wheel Brand:
Wheel Size:
Wheel Offset:
Adapter Thickness:
Adapter Hub/Lug centric?:
Adapter supplier/manufacturer:

Tire Size:
Rubbing:
Modifications for fitment/clearance:

Good call - let's use your format.

Can we add a couple of things like above?

EDIT: Matt - Canistos appear to be 43mm offset - can you add that please?

Last edited:
This is the best picture I can get right now because the car doesnt run so I cant move it outside.

Wheel Brand: ssr gp-0
Wheel Size: 17x8
Wheel Offset: 37
Adapter Thickness: 30mm front, 20mm rear (yes, irs is weird like that)
Adapter Hub/Lug centric?: yes/yes
Adapter supplier/manufacturer: wheelspacers.com I think
Bolt pattern: 5x108 to 5x114.3
Tire Size: 225/45/17
Rubbing: no
Modifications for fitment/clearance: nothing, they're narrow wheels.

3375616a.jpg

Last edited:
Here ya go ........

Wheel Brand: BBS RGR's
Wheel Size: 18x8
Wheel Offset: 35
Adaptor Thickness: H&R 25mm front and rear $200?
Tire Size 245-35-18 Toyo
Rubbing: None
Modifications for fitment/clearance: cut IPD lowered springs

Overall I'm happy with the look but still debating about lowering an additional 1 inch

g@ttigang

DSCF0326.jpg

IMG_3598.jpg

IMG_3602.jpg

IMG_3639.jpg

IMG_5220swap.jpg

Last edited:
^the dirty things I would do to this car...

edit: i haz 88 745 gle...tradez?you'd get to put all the work in all over again, and haz a new prodgekt?and i would haz (moar) sexycar

Wheel Brand: Volvo Volans
Wheel Size: 17x7
Wheel Offset: ??
Adaptor Thickness: Gil Racing 25mm front and 32mm rear $250?
Tire Size 215-45-17 Toyo
Rubbing: None Fit is perfect
Modifications for fitment/clearance: Intrax lowering springs

g@ttigang

DSCF0282outside.jpg

DSCF0479outside.jpg

DSCF0251outside.jpg

DSCF0465.jpg

DSCF0463bothwagons.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the posts guys.

Gatti - it looks like you had some room left to push outwards in the rear - any idea how much room there was? Also, the Newman wagon is totally :boink:.

Matt - Any problems with vibrations on the el cheapo spacers? Do you take any special precautions when mounting them? Remember where you got them?

Infector - Dayum! You did a lot of mods to get those to fit!

Using the Wheel Calculator I'm finding some interesting things here...
The Gatti Newman car pushes the wheels out the furthest so far:
+34mm. And he did zero mods to fit them (not counting lowering springs).
Matt's push in the furthest at -6mm.

Both of the Canisto guys had to do mods, but one of them has 245/45/17s and the other has a 3" lowering so I guess that explains those... except that the Newman car rides on 245s as well. Perplexing!

Remember, the calculator only figures wheel width, not tire width.

Keep 'em coming guys!

Last edited:
that SSR looks wicked.

Wheel Brand: Altstadt
Wheel Size: 19x8.5 and 19x9.5
Wheel Offset: 42 and 30 something?
Adapter Thickness: 36mm and 25mm
Adapter Hub/Lug centric: both wheel and hub centric
Adapter supplier/manufacturer: wheeladaptors.com
Tire Size: 215/35/19 and 235/35/19
Rubbing: the front ate the liners.
Modifications for fitment/clearance: I had to trim the front liners, rolled the rear fenders.

Picture025.jpg

Picture354-1.jpg

/cheats
Wheel Brand: Volvo 'Cassiopeia' - OEM wheel from 2006 S60 SE.
Wheel Size: 17" x 7.5"
Wheel Offset: +49mm
Adapter Thickness: 25mm front, 32mm rear
Adapter Hub/Lug centric?: Yes and Yes!
Adapter supplier/manufacturer: Dale from Avalanche Performance (245gti on the board, www.avalancheperformance.com)
Tire Size: 215/45/17
Rubbing: None except for light rubbing over bumps when friends are in the back (old saggy original rear springs)
Modifications for fitment/clearance: None. Original 1989 240DL equipment with approx. 155,000 miles.

P5240960.jpg

P5240962.jpg

Chigga - your car is sick as always! You have coilovers, right?

Grandma... even though you posted a 244 in the 7/9 series pic thread I'm going to forgive you... Those Cassiopeia wheels are dimensionally identical to the Tethys I'm trying to fit. It looks like you had plenty of room to push the wheels out in front and back.
Did you ever try mounting the rears up front?

I'm leaning towards 32/38mm spacers for the 17x7.5x49mm Tethys right now. I should still be able to fit my Volans. I think that will push the wheels out as far as possible and still keep me from fender mods.

Matt - Any problems with vibrations on the el cheapo spacers? Do you take any special precautions when mounting them? Remember where you got them?

Both of the Canisto guys had to do mods, but one of them has 245/45/17s and the other has a 3" lowering so I guess that explains those... except that the Newman car rides on 245s as well. Perplexing!

Remember, the calculator only figures wheel width, not tire width.

Keep 'em coming guys!

i got the spacers/adapters from http://www.ezaccessory.com/ they were cheap and i like cheap. the options are 1.0" and 1.25" basically 26mm and 32mm respectively, they ride fine and don't vibrate. i have drag raced on them with slicks multiple times, i beat the **** out of the car, blew up a bunch of transmissions and snapped a main shaft once. the adapters hold. i'm sure they are made in china but they do work and i don't have any gripes about them.. when i tighten them i just tighten in a star pattern like i do with every wheel and it centers up perfectly.

if you run the 1.0" adapters in the front and the 1.0" adapters in the rear i would predict no rubbing whatsoever but since i have the 1.25" spacers in the back, which i chose for the wider stance, i had to roll the lips with a baseball bat but that was like a 15 minute affair. this is all with the car lowered though, if not lowered you can probably run the same combo i have without any rubbing at all.

You're running much wider tires than I plan to. I think mine are 225/45.

EZAccessory is one of the 'brands' I'm shopping on ebay. I have to get wider than 1" though because of the 49mm offset of these wheels. I'm looking at another shop too - hopefully be able to get a set for ~200 bucks shipped. these are supposed to be hubcentric to the car and lugcentric on the wheel side. I wonder if I can get hubcentric spacers from tirerack or somewhere?

More pics and info - keep this thread up here and going.

Thanks for the posts guys.

Gatti - it looks like you had some room left to push outwards in the rear - any idea how much room there was? Also, the Newman wagon is totally :boink:.

Thanks Chris ......... the question your asking about room for the rears, are you asking about the white wagon? If so it has 32mm spacer/ adaptors and narrow 215-45-17. I suppose it can be wider maybe using a 35mm or going with 225's.

g@ttigang

You're running much wider tires than I plan to. I think mine are 225/45.

EZAccessory is one of the 'brands' I'm shopping on ebay. I have to get wider than 1" though because of the 49mm offset of these wheels.

they have 1.25" which is 32mm, i think that's as big as they get from that place.

Sorry - I failed Thought Finishing 101.

I need wider than 1" for the front and want to stagger the backs a bit further out than the fronts.

Trying to get 1.25" and 1.5". Waiting to hear back from ebay seller Deal Direct Accessories.
Maybe I can drive to Birmingham and pick them up? Cheaper than the 36 bucks in shipping right now.

Back