• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Cosbysweater's Lifted Om606 Wagon Build

Haha yea you're right about that! Right now it's so fun to drive. I need to do a lsd of some sort and really rip it before I do the swap. This thing is such a turd with the lift, tires, and tent haha

How difficult will it be for you to deploy the tent?

I've always been a big fan of sleepin in the car, never tried the roof tents. I've discovered that if I deploy a tent it will definitely rain and be windy. Twin mattress fits perfectly in both thw 240 and the fzj80

How difficult will it be for you to deploy the tent?

I've always been a big fan of sleepin in the car, never tried the roof tents. I've discovered that if I deploy a tent it will definitely rain and be windy. Twin mattress fits perfectly in both thw 240 and the fzj80

its not to bad really, its a bigger 3 person tepui and with two people it takes maybe about 5 minutes to open and maybe about 10ish to close

cS2p6AI.jpg

Funny I have a GS300 in my yard for the same reason, except at least you got to doing your motor mine is just sitting there. Did you have to change the pan/sump location to prep for the 240 swap?

Funny I have a GS300 in my yard for the same reason, except at least you got to doing your motor mine is just sitting there. Did you have to change the pan/sump location to prep for the 240 swap?

front sump fits with a notch on the back of it, you can get the pan off a is300 and its a little easier to work with, may not even need as much of a notch. its not worth spending the money on a mid sump, you're still gonna have to hack up the k member to make it fit. use whatever you have imo

front sump fits with a notch on the back of it, you can get the pan off a is300 and its a little easier to work with, may not even need as much of a notch. its not worth spending the money on a mid sump, you're still gonna have to hack up the k member to make it fit. use whatever you have imo

I'm actually putting it in the 940, not sure how much different locations are. But yeah I found the same thing, the parts to swap the pans and sump makes it not really worth it.

I'm really excited to see how this goes.
I've been seriously considering building a mild OM606 V90/965 for a few months.
I'm sure this will be excellent.

How am I just seeing this?
I've had an OM606 in storage for 6 months, want to get around to putting it in my 245 but my 242 is taking all my time and money. I'm interested how you sort out issues like fitment with the front core support and swaybar. I might have to think again before selling my motor

Engine sounds great. Nice job Erik. Is the GTX4202R going on the OM606? :oogle: (kidding) (mostly)

haha i wish i was that crazy but not for this one. im going to be sticking with a stock turbo for the time being. need to get a spare engine before i get to crazy with this one!

updated the original post with some more pictures of the assembly

Back