• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Running Super Rich. Correct maf sensor??

The chugging could be spark blowout from too large of a plug gap. Check your plugs and reduce the plug gap to .026". I'd also check the engine coolant temp sensor and make sure it's working. If that sensor is open circuit or too high a resistance it can make the engine run rich all the time because the engine will never go into closed loop operation.

He said it had a stock 016 amm and is a 92 so I assume lh2.4 which would have the resistor pack to match the injectors on the donor engine. Should be at least running the b230f/t green injectors.

I have a set of yellow/ cream injectors.

The chugging could be spark blowout from too large of a plug gap. Check your plugs and reduce the plug gap to .026". I'd also check the engine coolant temp sensor and make sure it's working. If that sensor is open circuit or too high a resistance it can make the engine run rich all the time because the engine will never go into closed loop operation.

Is this the same sensor that will send a signal to the gage?

Is this the same sensor that will send a signal to the gage?

Nope, but the sensor is near the gauge one. You're looking for a sensor under the intake that has an injector style connector on it. The body will be black plastic and brass.

follow culberro's line. If you used injectors from a turbo 740 in your car, without adding a resistor pack to your harness, you have fried injector drivers in ECU.
this will cause a rich state, very rich.

Sounds like you don't know about the difference between high res and low res injectors if you just know the color, which is not enough to tell.

don't swap in and ruin another ECU until you clear up and rule out this potential f up.

Nope, but the sensor is near the gauge one. You're looking for a sensor under the intake that has an injector style connector on it. The body will be black plastic and brass.

it is possible to mistakenly swap I think the temp sensor, knock sensor, and perhaps the idle air valve and maybe cold start injector? have similar Bosch 2 wire plugs. Don't recall exact details, but check out this as a potential screw up too. the wire harness should fit as before, without "stretched" or weird routing. ultimately, check the harness colors to diagram to confirm

it is possible to mistakenly swap I think the temp sensor, knock sensor, and perhaps the idle air valve and maybe cold start injector? have similar Bosch 2 wire plugs. Don't recall exact details, but check out this as a potential screw up too. the wire harness should fit as before, without "stretched" or weird routing. ultimately, check the harness colors to diagram to confirm

Definitely a possibility. I did that exact thing on my first lh2.4 swap :lol:

I have a set of yellow/ cream injectors.

51ddyVk-7VL._AC_SY355_.jpg

These? Are you using a resistor pack or no?

This is very informative....
Yeahhhh. When I bought the car it came with a 95 percent complete turbo swap. Those were the injectors. I believe they came off a 850 but I could be mistaken. Next time I'm by the car I will see if there is a number on them. Als

Only a moron would screw up the high-low res thing on their first swap :lol:
yeah, I've done both these f'ups :lol:

I had the resistor pack, but I didn't label the 2-pin JPT sections of the harness. It doesn't run well when those are all mixed up.

I assume if they needed a resistor pack and didn't have one the car wouldn't run at all.

It would run exactly as you have described, which is why I asked.

If you have thin plastic injectors, they are probably high-z (high resistance, around 13-15 ohms), and you probably dodged that bullet.
If they have a fat black or silver body and a plastic part on top, you may have low-z (low resistance, ~3ohms).

I would not at all be surprised if the problem is the 560 ECU. Those are notorious for failing, resulting in all kinds of issues, including rich conditions. I have not encountered one in 15+ years because they were always replaced with a later version 939 EGR Turbo ECU. See if you can borrow a known good 939, 937, 954, 967 ECU to check whether that is the problem.

Back