• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Offroad 1992 245 - Project Sven Bjornagain

Who says I'm interested in race cars? :-P

lol, I just need a cheap locker, not the welded kind. When we start spinning axles we'll plan for an 8.8. When the redblock inevitably grenades, we'll plan for an "ls" swap. It's fun not needing to care since this isn't my daily, it's just a fun project. When we're done with it we'll either part/crush or sell whole, whichever works best for us.

I had a 4.10 with a G80 from a 95 non turbo 940 in my old 244 with the same size tire, rode great. Highly recommend

lol, I just need a cheap locker, not the welded kind. When we start spinning axles we'll plan for an 8.8. When the redblock inevitably grenades, we'll plan for an "ls" swap. It's fun not needing to care since this isn't my daily, it's just a fun project. When we're done with it we'll either part/crush or sell whole, whichever works best for us.

Spartan

Got a bunch of work done yesterday. Finished the CB and stereo install. Test fit the wheels, lots of cutting will need to be done... :)

Mounted the 4' antenna where the stock radio antenna was, fit pretty good, used lots of hot glue.
3WEqIDh.jpg

CB radio and switches for the yet to be install LED light bars
pEcHOmc.jpg

Cut the hell out of the rear doors to get these boomers to fit, sounds pretty nice
xJtlVcS.jpg

Made a little shelf to mount the amp for the subwoofer in the back, no need for that spare anymore..
VKEazk0.jpg

CB speaker has a nice little home here by the e-brake
NzmixXY.jpg

This is where all the fun is, finalizing the suspension plans and I'll have a welder soon...
WMGTXVy.jpg

Jeep springs show up on Monday so this weekend I'll get the skidplate and IPD upgrade fuel pump installed. If I find enough free time I'll also drill the 7" holes in the grill for the 7" round lights and get those mocked up.

Designed some painfully simple trim rings for the lights in Fusion630, 3D printing them on my printer tomorrow.

62xJ7Vz.jpg

Installed the stock HD Jeep Comanche front springs, on the rear. Super simple, just had to fab up my own bottommountboltthingy. 2.25" lift from stock height, going to make a 1" spacer to get some more lift out of it.

3vuGHXS.jpg

this looks extremely promising

Thanks Quin. The rear lift is complete, got about 3.5" from stock. I'll start working on the front next week. The plan is to extend the strut tubes 3" and box in the lower control arms.

2" hub centric spacers show up next week too. So if everything goes well it'll be driving and on those tires in 2 weeks or so.

Back