• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Globex Corp presents: 255

Hank Scorpio

Chubfest 2009 Survivor
300+ Club
FINALLY get to start a thread! Huzzah!! OK, so I've already introduced the car but time to condense.

Picked up this 82 245 DIESEL as a new, smog exempt project car to tinker on over the next couple years. The goal is pretty straight forward:

T5 motor, T5 trans (2.95-.82). Forged rods, pistons are 50/50 (I had no issues with the Mahles in the T5R but the forged ones are reasonable in price). ME4.3 (maybe 4.4, 4.3 looks like an easier swap and again, was fine in my t5r).

Interior will be based around V50 seats with some things I have in mind.

8.8 in the back, R brakes or Porsche 6 pistons up front (if Jacob will be so kind). Back is a little up in the air because of the 8.8, I'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

The goal is pretty simple. Not looking to build a track car, can haz r@c3 cAr or an auto-x machine. Building a comfortable, quick, daily driver that Theresa can get in at any point and drive anywhere in the country with out worry. This is the main reason behind ME4.3. It'll have AC, insulation, sound deadner, a stereo and other creature comforts.

I'm also hoping to set the 8.8 up for the occasional drag launches. Basically, everything the T5R did great (dead reliable, great power, super comfy) but with the motor facing the right way.

It won't be a true daily driver in regards of Theresa will still have the V50 and I'll still have my C30 but it'll be built *could be*. Oh and if I build a tube amp into it, I can play guitar in the car and write the entire endeavor off as a marketing expense. LOL

This will be a slow one as being self employed and having a baby means it has to happen around occasional openings in my schedule. The goal is to hopefully have the car stripped enough to have it media blasted by end of the year.

SO, here we go!

152016289.jpg

152016282.jpg

152016287.jpg

Surprisingly straight and solid. At some point somebody went mudding in this because the entire chassis had a thin film of adobe looking mud (and a big dent in the tank). Pressure washed right off and everything actually looks pretty damn solid.

152016276.jpg

152016278.jpg

Home to the most rickety sounding diesel god ever imagined. What a fat bastard of a motor.

Here's what I did today.

152016291.jpg

152016293.jpg

That D24 is a big porky bastard of a motor. Had a tough time getting it out (kept wanting to snag under the steering shaft and not wanting to move). Spent some more time pressure washing since that picture, it's actually not too greasy now. It's clean enough for me to keep striping down before sending it off for blasting.
152016295.jpg

Out you bastard!

In the mean time, parts have been slowly coming over the last few months. Little things here and there but picked this up yesterday
152016274.jpg

152016275.jpg

2000 T5 (v70r supposedly). I'll be blocking off the VVT stuff but it'll be nice to have the better head and cams.

Also did this to (one of) the wheels. From silver to actual bronze powder painted gold
151991196.jpg

Oh and last thing, had a little motivational visit from Jacob back in April
150323382.jpg

250's are really the best.

There we go, off to a start now :D Really looking forward to my plates showing up.

I have a mock up block of you need to make a oil pan.

I actually have a pan. I was going to do this years and years ago and bought a modded pan from Todd. When I got rid of everything 4-5 years ago that was the only thing I kept (should have kept the extra set of forged rods I had too. Oh well). Thanks though buddy, I appreciate the offer!

The man behind the mayhem to come.
431948_10101354575337129_1809262447_n.jpg

I had to.

On topic, I'm curious what the bosses look like on the block for engine mounts.

today's project. Needed a cart to roll the car not only left and right in my garage but roll it out of the garage and into the trailer when I drop it off for media blasting.

So I did this
152085535.jpg

becomes
152085536.jpg

this. which sits under
152085538.jpg

this!

The casters are a little under rated for still having the axle in, a tank mostly full of fuel and bumper on the back. The front end pushes really easily, the backs a little heavy still. The d-rings are so that when I do have to put the car in the trailer, I can run ratchet straps thru the interior and hook it right to the cart so that they can't be separated while bouncing down the road.

I think the only thing I'm going to change is next time I have the cart free, I'm going to cut the uprights into a V shaped notch instead of the half round. This will make it easier to line it up while lowering the car (when the weight gets on one end, it does cause it to squirm a bit, takes a couple tries to get it perfect right now).

More tear down to commence :D

So glad you are finally getting back into it Doug!
One of these days when I am in Sac I will have time to drop in and check things out.
And count on me to come up to help with the audio and charging, I have a couple ideas that may work out for you in that area.

So glad you are finally getting back into it Doug!
One of these days when I am in Sac I will have time to drop in and check things out.
And count on me to come up to help with the audio and charging, I have a couple ideas that may work out for you in that area.

Sounds great! When you're up or I see you next I'll walk you thru the plan. I have some things in mind... including creative use of my laser at the shop ;)

It absolutely did but this is actually the third attempt on this. After the T5R I bought a 242 shell but decided against it for smog reasons. Then I bought a 220 but the economy dumped and I had to sell it to help keep the business afloat. I'm actually really grateful, the last 5 years things have moved a long ways.

It absolutely did but this is actually the third attempt on this. After the T5R I bought a 242 shell but decided against it for smog reasons. Then I bought a 220 but the economy dumped and I had to sell it to help keep the business afloat. I'm actually really grateful, the last 5 years things have moved a long ways.

Sweet-hopefully third time's the charm.

Finally...Doug is back home in his own 240 again. No more bitching about hating the car AND hating to have sold it now! :-P

Yeah, I know, I'll quit bitching about needing to get a welder soon as well....hopefully tax time...

Back